Buying Windows 8.1 key through G2A - is it legit?

TopWargamer

I don't know much about G2A at all. All I have heard about them is that you can apparently get Windows 8.1 keys on the cheap, like really cheap, like $20 cheap. Is their website legitimate? Have any of you bought a Windows 8.1 key through them? If so, did you have any issues?

COMIC SANS

You should probably get it from reddit instead. While G2A isn't entirely a scam there are people who can be one, just like ebay etc. The sellers on reddit seem far more trustworthy.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

I don't know much about G2A at all. All I have heard about them is that you can apparently get Windows 8.1 keys on the cheap, like really cheap, like $20 cheap. Is their website legitimate? Have any of you bought a Windows 8.1 key through them? If so, did you have any issues?

I bought many games and all worked out well. id recommend just buying the shield also, then your 100% safe

I bought many games and all worked out well. id recommend just buying the shield also, then your 100% safe

Is the shield basically like a 100% money back guarantee sort of thing? Because it was only like $1.50 or something like that. If that's the case, then it's worth it. 

COMIC SANS

Go to r/microsoftsoftwareswap. they have $10 for Windows 8.1 Standard N keys there

Thanks! I'll check it out.

COMIC SANS

@Octavialicious has bought keys from reddit before and they all work fine....

That's good to know. After looking around on the subreddit, there definitely are Windows 8.1 N keys going for $10, and that's a steal. If I'm remembering correctly, the N version doesn't come with a media player?

(Not an issue to me anyways since I use VLC and MPC-HC.)

COMIC SANS

That's good to know. After looking around on the subreddit, there definitely are Windows 8.1 N keys going for $10, and that's a steal. If I'm remembering correctly, the N version doesn't come with a media player?

(Not an issue to me anyways since I use VLC and MPC-HC.)

Umm...never used 8.1 keys before, i only have like Windows 7 keys that i have@Swndlr)

We really need to sticky this crap...this question comes up every other day

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

Is the shield basically like a 100$ money back guarantee sort of thing? Because it was only like $1.50 or something like that. If that's the case, then it's worth it.

Yup, exactly what is is. If the seller has a million and Half max star ratings I don't bother

Umm...never used 8.1 keys before, i only have like Windows 7 keys that i have@Swndlr)

+1 gr8 seller no scem ;)

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

A friend of mine tried listing a spare windows 8.1 key on G2A (he sells game keys on there all the time) but they require a passport/birth certificate, resale licensing and a couple other details. Along with paypal for payment and g2ashield(waste of money imo) it's very unlikely you'll get a bad key and not get money back.

On the other hand I've heard very good things about the microsoft key sub reddit so it's hard to go wrong all round.