Gaming headsets

ChEsTeR15763

My point is you look at things being a gaming headset better for gaming and only designed for gaming when it's not the case. Just because they slap a gaming sticker on it.

I have the Corsair Vengeance 2100 (7.1 emulated), and I must agree that it isn't that great over a pair of good headphones, although I bought them because they were like 90 or 100 bucks and the only ones that had international shipping (from the US to México) and wireless. I wanted wireless to use them while doing shores or something else on my house, now that I have those I'm thinking on buying a good pair of wired headphones.

Before deciding to buy the ones I have, I read about 7.1 surround on headphones and read that it was better having a good driver emulate the 7.1, than having multiple smaller drivers. The smaller drivers just wouldn't give a good sound quality. And the ones I bought weren't bad according to Linus, his review convinced me to try them, I don't regret buying them, but I never use the 7.1 surround system, then again, I don't play online FPS.

CPU: I7 4790k | Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero | RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 1866Mhz | GPU: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB Superclocked+ ACX 2.0+ | Case: Corsair Carbide 500R | Storage: SSD Samsung EVO 850 250GB, 2 * 1TB 7200rpm HDD | PSU: EVGA 600b 80 plus bronze | Display(s): Asus PB287Q | Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 | Keyboard: Corsair K70 Cherry MX Red | Mouse: Logitech G502 | Operating System: Windows 10 PRO

Creative 'Aurvana Live!' Because they're actually Foster (Fostex) oems that were originally rebadged for Denon. They're great for any content regardless, and since I already have a mic I don't need yet another one.

Bought new for £40 - http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/creative-aurvana-live-classic-reincarnate

My point is you look at things being a gaming headset better for gaming and only designed for gaming when it's not the case. Just because they slap a gaming sticker on it.

I actually have a 40$ headset which i got first and i have a 200$ headset (the megalodon) and i can notice the difference in audio quality, and comfort of the headset, i dont know why you are being so butthurt about this...

I have the Corsair Vengeance 2100 (7.1 emulated), and I must agree that it isn't that great over a pair of good headphones, although I bought them because they were like 90 or 100 bucks and the only ones that had international shipping (from the US to México) and wireless. I wanted wireless to use them while doing shores or something else on my house, now that I have those I'm thinking on buying a good pair of wired headphones.

Before deciding to buy the ones I have, I read about 7.1 surround on headphones and read that it was better having a good driver emulate the 7.1, than having multiple smaller drivers. The smaller drivers just wouldn't give a good sound quality. And the ones I bought weren't bad according to Linus, his review convinced me to try them, I don't regret buying them, but I never use the 7.1 surround system, then again, I don't play online FPS.

Really overall what you prefer, the audio quality in a headset like the megalodon with several drivers is bad when it comes to anything but gaming, and ive noticed that, but ive got my beats for that, i use my megalodons for gaming beacuse well, its a gaming headset :)

Really overall what you prefer, the audio quality in a headset like the megalodon with several drivers is bad when it comes to anything but gaming, and ive noticed that, but ive got my beats for that, i use my megalodons for gaming beacuse well, its a gaming headset :)

Your not getting the point.. 

None....I JUST GOT MY SUPERLUX 668B!

I'll mod the bastard later.

..........You seriously use a bluetooth set of headphones? Why!?

His point is that the whole "gaming" thing makes no difference. A gaming headset, is usually a lower quality set of headphones that can be sold at a high price because it has a mic and has "Gaming" written on it.

Read that, exactly what he said. Is that too hard to understand..

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

HAH omg, why cant you just accept the truth? And btw, I cant find any info that proves the megalodon has more than 1 speaker in each earcup?.. Oh no, BEATS, Im done!

HAH omg, why cant you just accept the truth? And btw, I cant find any info that proves the megalodon has more than 1 speaker in each earcup?.. Oh no, BEATS, Im done!

They don't they have one driver for left and right. All 7.1 gaming headsets just use software, which is why any headset or headphone works with razer synapse.

Intel Core i7 7770K | 32 GB's Ram 3000MHz | GTX 1080 Ti | 250GB SSD | 3TB 7400 RPM | Sound Blaster Z | ASUS ROG MG278Q | Razer Blackwidow Chroma | Final Mouse 2015 | Blue Yeti | Seinheiser HD 600's | Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro | Aune T1 MK2

They don't they have one driver for left and right. All 7.1 gaming headsets just use software, which is why any headset or headphone works with razer synapse.

Yeah thats what I thought, but i believed him for a sec.. Well, he doesn't wanna believe that they suck goat balls!

Your not getting the point.. 

Read that, exactly what he said. Is that too hard to understand..

Im just going to stop arguing with you, as it really seems as if though you are looking for a fight, and i cant really be bothered, lets just agree to disagree...

Im just going to stop arguing with you, as it really seems as if though you are looking for a fight, and i cant really be bothered, lets just agree to disagree...

not trying to argue, your just spreading laughably bad information, that may mislead people :(

I used a Plantronics 780 for a year or so. Nice Micquality, but thats it. Uncomfortable to wear, ultimatly broke.
After that, i owned a gioteck EX-05. Horrible Audio, Horrible Mic, but comfortable to wear. After some time it would only playback Audio from the left can if turned on full volume. Dunce.

So i became frustrated with gaming-marketed-Headsets and made my own combo consisting of a Superlux HD 681 and a clip-on-mic, which was both cheaper (28€ vs 50€) and better in terms of audio and wearability. Still miss the Mic of the Plantronics though.

i7-4790k | Prolimatech Megahalems Red Series | VII Gene | 16GB Corsair Veangeance | MSI GTX 980ti Gaming 6G | 2x120GB Sandisk SSD | 1TB HDD | Seasonic G-Series 550W
Bitfenix Prodigy M red

not trying to argue, your just spreading laughably bad information, that may mislead people :(

True, it makes me really pissed :/

I picked up a Razer Tiamat 2.2 on a discount and it's actually pretty good, it's comfortable and extremely noise canceling. I like the sound altho I'm not really an audiophile of quality (just cuz i don't have the money for it :P )

Deleted code is debugged code.

Yeah thats what I thought, but i believed him for a sec.. Well, he doesn't wanna believe that they suck goat balls!

Asking people to put goat genitalia into their mouths is just plain immature... Just.... wow

I've got a Steelseries 4H Wireless. I know its expensive but damn this thing is awesome. Comes with 2 batteries which you charge in the wireless hub. I have never had to plug this thing in to charge. I get roughly 8-10 hours battery life per charge. Sound is amazing while microphone quality could be better. If you have a higher budget, I would definitely have the 4H Wireless on your short list.  

Asking people to put goat genitalia into their mouths is just plain immature... Just.... wow

I did not, read my post again ffs. 

Here's theereal's setup!
  • CPU                         Intel Core i5 4460

• Motherboard          Predator G3-605

• RAM                        8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Dual Channel

• GPU                         EVGA Geforce GTX 970

• Storage                   1 TB Seagate 7200rpm HDD

• Keyboard                Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

• Mouse                     Razer Ouroboros

• Sound                     Razer Megalodon

• Operating System   Windows 8.1

This shows that he is a true Razer fanboy!

Here's theereal's setup!
  • CPU                         Intel Core i5 4460

• Motherboard          Predator G3-605

• RAM                        8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Dual Channel

• GPU                         EVGA Geforce GTX 970

• Storage                   1 TB Seagate 7200rpm HDD

• Keyboard                Razer BlackWidow Ultimate

• Mouse                     Razer Ouroboros

• Sound                     Razer Megalodon

• Operating System   Windows 8.1

This shows that he is a true Razer fanboy!

Haha :P You really didnt have to post my setup, not only is it in my profile but also in my signature :P.... just saying

Calm down a little bit :P

Dude no! 1v1 me trickshot m9 360 noscope only mw2 s&d fgt

Dude no! 1v1 me trickshot m9 360 noscope only mw2 s&d fgt

Is it possible to get that in english please? :P

Turtle Beach X12. I'm not into high-quality headsets, just ones that get the job done.

Blue Jay

CPU: Intel Core i7 6700k (OC'd 4.4GHz) Cooler: CM Hyper 212 Evo Mobo: MSI Z170A Gaming Pro Carbon GPU: EVGA GTX 950 SSC RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (1x8GB) SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Case: NZXT S340 Black/Blue PSU: Corsair CX430M

Other Stuff

Monitor: Acer H236HL BID Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum Keyboard: I don't even know Mouse Pad: SteelSeries QcK Headset: Turtle Beach X12

GitHub

ew, wired

Wireless is better.

OP, if you're looking for a headset the HyperX Clouds should be the only things to consider, imo.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

I use Audio Technica ATH-A900's, or Sennheiser G4ME Zero's.

My one rule for anyone that ever asks about what gaming headset to buy:

Buy your audio gear from companies that specialize in making audio gear (e.g. Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Beyerdynamic).  Don't buy audio gear from companies that specialize in adding colored LEDs to keyboards, mice, and mouse pads.

41MoUfim0AL._SY300_.jpg

square_louped_G4ME-ZERO---Shoot-01.jpg

SSD vs HDD Direct Comparison - Identical Drive Images | SSD Boots Windows 7 + Load 27 Apps in 1 Minute | 17 Second Boot - POST to Desktop
Razer Blade 14 (2015) | Core i7-4720HQ | 8GB RAM | GeForce 970M | 500GB M.2 SSD | 14.1" 1920x1080 Display | 4.19 lbs