Roccat Kone XTD - Laser or Optical version?

Greenfeuer

As the title suggest its about the Roccat Kone XTD.

Should I go with the Laser version or the Optical version of it?

Heard good about them both. I am consindering Laser the most, what are you peoples experience?

http://www.roccat.org/us-en/Products/Gaming-Mice/Kone-XTD-Series/Kone-XTD/   - Laser Version.

http://www.roccat.org/us-en/Products/Gaming-Mice/Kone-XTD-Series/Kone-XTD-Optical/ - Optical Version.

Heard good about them both. I am consindering Laser the most, what are you peoples experience?

http://www.roccat.org/us-en/Products/Gaming-Mice/Kone-XTD-Series/Kone-XTD/   - Laser Version.

http://www.roccat.org/us-en/Products/Gaming-Mice/Kone-XTD-Series/Kone-XTD-Optical/ - Optical Version.

Optical. Optical all the way. Lasers have acceleration (most of them at least) and are way DPI boosted for some reason it seems due to marketing.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Thanks for the feedback ^^

But I would very much like a maybe deeper explanation, about why its better/worse.

If somone owned both it would be a great help too :)

Thanks for the feedback ^^

But I would very much like a maybe deeper explanation, about why its better/worse.

If somone owned both it would be a great help too :)

the sensor is the only difference. Currently optical has better senors atm, there is no real reason, its just companies have developed better optical senors. You will find you have can more smoothly control the mouse, no jerky movements.Optical can be played on most surfaces. Im sure theres more reasons.

Awesome.

I went from a Optical mouse a Steel series somthing, and felt laser to be better but.

I am no expert or very deep into it. But I have experience jitter/jerks or sudden "Disconnects" from my movement actions, but again the G700 seemse to have lots of em.

The doubleclicking has nothing to do with it tho, its just because the G700 is poorly designed and will get screwed up soon or later due to poor construction. - Loved the mouse but
that is a BIG BIG problem that makes alot of games unplayable / modain task really really annoying to do.

_______

But its been a long time since I bought or tried other mice. So feel free to throw me som facts too on how it all works :)

I am not sure. Where the Laser vs Optical topic is hidden in the video. But I liked the explaination in it generelly about mice.

I am not sure. Where the Laser vs Optical topic is hidden in the video. But I liked the explaination in it generelly about mice.

Exactly the Part i linked is where Lasersensors, or to be more exact A9500/S9500/A9800/S9809/S9818/S9819 are worse than the currently common LED illuminated Sensors, they have varying CPI with varying movementspeed and therefore noticeable "Acceleration".

An optical mouse generally has a shorter lift distance. Which means, when you lift the mouse up even a slight amount, it will stop tracking your movements. Where as a laser has a high lift distance and can still track with the mouse slightly in the air. 

Laser mice generally have built is mouse acceleration which cannot be turned off, they can be finicky with what surfaces they are on and they typically have a higher DPI which results in faster mouse speed. Optical mice do not have mouse acceleration, optical mice cannot be used on some surfaces in which a laser mouse could be and optical mice generally have a lower DPI.

An optical mouse generally has a shorter lift distance. Which means, when you lift the mouse up even a slight amount, it will stop tracking your movements. Where as a laser has a high lift distance and can still track with the mouse slightly in the air. 

Laser mice generally have built is mouse acceleration which cannot be turned off, they can be finicky with what surfaces they are on and they typically have a higher DPI which results in faster mouse speed. Optical mice do not have mouse acceleration, optical mice cannot be used on some surfaces in which a laser mouse could be and optical mice generally have a lower DPI.

No,  general attributes cannot be applied to, it depends on the individual system and not on the illumination method.

Optical. Optical all the way. Lasers have acceleration (most of them at least) and are way DPI boosted for some reason it seems due to marketing.

• 2 years later...