High-Resolution Screens for Dell

S-L-R

Dell has announced that their latest Precision series notebooks will be equiped with an impressive 3200x1800 display.

As we expected, this beast will be based on the Haswell architecture with a thickness of only 0.71 inches.

Source : http://www.tomshardware.com/news/3200x1800-Dell-Percision-Haswell-Quadro-M3800,23594.html

Take that rMBP, this is seriously packing some serious hardware and it has a proper GPU for workstation loads. And for the people that think the res is too high, well editing photos at uber high resolution is better than at standard def because you can see more of the high res image. Hopefully the screen is a matte finish, but i hope an option for glossy is there too. 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Finally someone else than Apple gets what it's all about! Please do follow up every other manufacturer. :) I'm sticking with my rMBP though, the GT 650M is more than enough for any photo retouching and editing that I do. :) If the picture attached to the news article is how it's gonna look, I think Dell could've done a lot better as well, the old Precision (Especially the M4400/M4500) looked a way better!

So when are we gonna get a cheaper 2K monitor or cheaper 4K monitor from Dell. Thats all I care about.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

So when are we gonna get a cheaper 2K monitor or cheaper 4K monitor from Dell. Thats all I care about.

They do have cheap 2k monitors(1920x1080). Asus is the only one atm with a 4k monitor.

sorry I meant 2560X1440. I never understood 2K 1K and 4K resolution because there is no 4000 resolution in a 4K monitor. I know Asus makes one but I want it even cheaper and I want a bigger choice then just one monitor.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

sorry I meant 2560X1440. I never understood 2K 1K and 4K resolution because there is no 4000 resolution in a 4K monitor. I know Asus makes one but I want it even cheaper and I want a bigger choice then just one monitor.

4K can mean several different things.  3840x2160, 4096x2160 are both called 4K for example.  And there are some others.  It's sort of a group name for "~4000px wide resolutions"

4K can mean several different things.  3840x2160, 4096x2160 are both called 4K for example.  And there are some others.  It's sort of a group name for "~4000px wide resolutions"

Then there's the other naming of "HD", "FHD", "4K UHD", and "8K UHD", etc...

Annoying and completely stupid. I much prefer 720p, 1080p, 1600p, etc.

Dell already makes a 2560x1600 monitor, one of which I own, and for gaming its godly. 1080p is dead to me. All I need is a new graphics card and I would be good to go. I have a 550Ti.

Dell already makes a 2560x1600 monitor, one of which I own, and for gaming its godly. 1080p is dead to me. All I need is a new graphics card and I would be good to go. I have a 550Ti.

Why would you play at 1600p with a 550Ti, that must be painful.

Then there's the other naming of "HD", "FHD", "4K UHD", and "8K UHD", etc...

Annoying and completely stupid. I much prefer 720p, 1080p, 1600p, etc.

I prefer just writing it out :) zero confusion.  When I say 3840x2160, it means exactly that :)

Why would you play at 1600p with a 550Ti, that must be painful.

Yes I do have to turn some details for some games, but it can max out fallout new vegas and GTA IV. so for now its pretty decent. Im looking at the GTX 760 from PNY because of the lifetime warranty 

I think a 2560x1440 would be perfect for a 17" gaming laptop for next generation, the 8xx/9xxx series of mobile cards. Than it's not a 4k and super demanding but than a high enough ppi for the pixel density to not be noticed and no need for AA.

Sager NP9370EM - I7 3630QM - 680m 1045Mhz - 8gb 1600mhz ram - 240gb msata 750gb hdd