did Microsoft copy Razer?

Matthias2556

Ran into this randomly, Personally, I think this is just a coincidence, but Razer has had the "for gamers, by gamers" slogan for a while. when I first saw this I thought it was hilarious.

what do you guys think?

post-8537-0-49601700-1374456222.png

post-8537-0-51272500-1374456233.png

post-8537-0-49601700-1374456222.png

post-8537-0-51272500-1374456233.png

AMD FX 8350 8-Core CPU (Stock 4GHz) | Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 | (Rev. 4.0) | 8GB 1600MHz HyperX Fury | AMD R9 270 (MSI Gaming OC Edition) | NZXT H440 (White) | Kingston 120GB SSDnow V300 | Seagate Barracuda 1TB (7200 RPM) | Corsair RM750m 750w Fully Modular Power Supply

Dell 23.6-Inch 1080p 60hz IPS Display | Corsair H100i AIO Liquid Cooler | Logitech G710+ Mechanical Gaming Keyboard | Logitech G502 Proteus Core | iSymphony Wireless Stereo Speakers | Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Might be a little copyright infringement. Or just an accident. If Razer gets them, Razer will be rolling in dough!

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Haha, the Xbox One says its "by gamers, for gamers" what a joke!

System Specs - CPU: i7 4770K - RAM: 8GB(2x4GB) Vengeance Pro - Motherboard: Maximus VI Gene - Case: Modded PowerMac G5 - CPU Cooler: H100i - PSU: AX860i - SSD: Samsung 840 Series 120GB and Kingston V300 120GB - HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB - Graphics Card: 2x GTX 780 - Case Fans: SP120s and Spectre 140s - Headphones: HD700, Alpha Dog, SE215

Sony A7R w/ Zeiss 55mm F1.8

I think Microsoft were the ones who said it first, since you know, the Xbox One has been announced for a couple months now, but the Hammerheads have been announced for only a couple days.

*edit

Whoops, thought it was the Hammerhead page, not the general page.

Then I don't know and who cares?

In Australia the show Good Game has the slogan "for gamers, by gamers" so it is the same but flipped.

Something tells me Razor does not really police that slogan.

GPU: Gigabyte HD7970 | Mobo: ASUS Z97i PLUS | CPU: 4790K

HDD: Samsung 1tb SSD | Disp: 3x Asus 23.6" 1080p

RAM: 16gb Kingston Hyper X | Case: None

Haha, the Xbox One says its "by gamers, for gamers" what a joke!

By money grubbers, for little whiny children rolling in parents hard earned money

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

I think Microsoft were the ones who said it first, since you know, the Xbox One has been announced for a couple months now, but the Hammerheads have been announced for only a couple days.

Razer have had that '' for gamers, by gamers '' quote for years. So yeah, they could potentially sue.

Whoops, thought it was the Hammerhead page, not the general page.

Then I don't know and who cares?

This has nothing to do with the hammerhead, Razer says that on all there products.

Edit: oh...those edits...xD

I think a lot companies just use that slogan to make gamer's want to buy their stuff.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

Razer have had that '' for gamers, by gamers '' quote for years. So yeah, they could potentially sue.

Sue you say?

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

By money grubbers, for little whiny children rolling in parents hard earned money

Hmm..That can work.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

This has nothing to do with the hammerhead, Razer says thay on all there products.

Edit: oh...those edits...xD

Yup, didn't really look at the picture closely haha.

The razer death adder is a modified Microsoft mouse. It could be possible that there is some sort of deal between the two of them.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

The razer death adder is a modified Microsoft mouse. It could be possible that there is some sort of deal between the two of them.

And the conspiracy theory starts....

I can't stop laughing and noticing that is true. I smell "Special" controllers by them.

No it's real, they paid for it. My dad was upgrading his mouse(microsoft one) and I told him I loved my death adder, so he did some research and razer paid to use the body of the mouse, and put in crazy sensor and razer leds.

Desk: monitors 3x Asus VE248h(eyefinity), Keyboard Cm Strom Trigger(mx red), Mouse Corsair m65, Headset Audio Technica ATH-M50

Black Friday 2013 Build: i7 4770k, Gigabyte Z87X UD5H, 16gb Corsair, Msi R9 290, Corsair Axi 760, Corsair 750D, 2x intel 530 240gb ssd, 2x Seagate 400gb

Older Machine amd x640, msi 760g mobo, 8gb gskillz, Sapphire 6870, Corsair hx650, Cooler master haf 922, ocz agility 3 120gb ssd || HTPC: i7 3770k, shuttle xpc z77, 16gb gskillz, Asus GTX 650 ti, intel 120gb msata ssd

If Razer already make it trade mark, even if it is already exist they could potentially sue them

The whole "by X for X" is very generic, most derivatives could be called copying. 

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

"Microsoft will buy out Razer to avoid a legal battle."-Codytappen's Crazy Theory Guy.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Logitech was first, their G15 gen 1 was 'designed by gamers for gamers'

Good Game (an Australian video Game show) uses "the show for gamers, by gamers". Started 2006.

well then o_0

Anybody remember the MS hardware powered by Razer like the Reclusa keyboard? I don't think they really are direct competitors, they wouldn't sue unless they were competing with each other. Razer doesn't really compete with consoles.

Razer sticks their brand on software they didn't create and claims they did.

I wouldn't doupt they do it with some hardware.

The words "By gamers for gamers" has been used for decades

I remember seeing it in the early 80's.