When should I clean my PC?

danixdlolz
Go to solution Solved by BroProStudios,

Hey there, there are a couple of things to keep in mind when deciding when to clean your case. 1: does your case have filters? If it does great, dust should not as easily build up in your system, you can clean them every so often, maybe once a month. 2. Your living environment. Dust is a fact of life unless you live in a sterilized room and where a haz mat suit all the time, which is probably unlikely. If you like to keep your room clean vacuum it every week then you will have less dust in your room meaning your system will not pull in as much dust. Also smoking can be a big factor if you smoke around your PC this can cause parts to become very dusty so keep that in mind.

I like to clean my pc every month as it keeps it looking like it was just out the box. Having a couple of Air Dusters around is also a good idea. Also if your PC does not have dust filters you can buy some magnetic dust filters witch you can attach on to your case for only a couple of pound of ebay. Cleaning your PC every month can be a little over kill if you don't mind a little dust build up. Dust also likes to build up in areas such as fans and rads.

Good luck    

Depends on the dust really, if you have metalic particles or carbon particles it may cause short circuits, my room is full of metal shavings, and the dust is full of them too.

Metal shavings isn't exactly common for a room :P

Metal shavings isn't exactly common for a room :P

Im blaming my dremmel.

Planning on trying StarCitizen (Highly recommended)? STAR-NR5P-CJFR is my referal link 

Normally around every 4-6 months :P Dust should have built up especially on rads :P 

Remember to check your filter every month though they will get really dusty so keep em clean for better airflow and less dust buildup on the overall system

Hey there, there are a couple of things to keep in mind when deciding when to clean your case. 1: does your case have filters? If it does great, dust should not as easily build up in your system, you can clean them every so often, maybe once a month. 2. Your living environment. Dust is a fact of life unless you live in a sterilized room and where a haz mat suit all the time, which is probably unlikely. If you like to keep your room clean vacuum it every week then you will have less dust in your room meaning your system will not pull in as much dust. Also smoking can be a big factor if you smoke around your PC this can cause parts to become very dusty so keep that in mind.

I like to clean my pc every month as it keeps it looking like it was just out the box. Having a couple of Air Dusters around is also a good idea. Also if your PC does not have dust filters you can buy some magnetic dust filters witch you can attach on to your case for only a couple of pound of ebay. Cleaning your PC every month can be a little over kill if you don't mind a little dust build up. Dust also likes to build up in areas such as fans and rads.

Good luck    

Good luck    

Thanks for such a complete answer