70D or D7000?

Go to solution Solved by crystal6tak,

Ended up buying a fujifilm XE-2 with 18-55mm kit lens as suggested by a close friend of mine. Still though, thanks for the help guys!

Price is converted from Taiwan dollar.

So I already have a EFS 18-55mm kit lens.

My budget is around 25,000NT which is $806.

There's a trusted store which is selling a second D7000 for 12,000NT which is $387.

A brand new 70D costs 27,900NT which is $899.

Of course if there's other suggestions feel free to suggest them. If you can, search them here for the price here and here thanks!

So what I know so far, my choices are:

A.) Brand new 70D paired with my old 18-55mm kit lens.

B.) Second hand D7000 + hunt for a lens new or second hand with 15,900NT which is $513.

The 70d by far.

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

The 70d by far.

and what makes you say that?

i'd go for a Nikon D7000, has slightly better image quality, larger sensor. Get a Nikon 35mm f1.8g lens with it.

"Sulit" (adj.) something that is worth it

i7 8700K 4.8Ghz delidded / Corsair H100i V2 / Asus Strix Z370-F / G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200 / EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q

Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB - Crucial MX300 M.2 525GB / Fractal Design Define S / Corsair K70 MX Reds / Logitech G502 / Beyerdynamic DT770 250Ohm

SMSL SD793II AMP/DAC - Schiit Magni 3 / PCPP

Old Rig

i5 2500k 4.5Ghz | Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3P | Zotac GTX 980 AMP! Extreme | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB 1866MHz

If you want to do and video at all with it then the 70D is by far the better option. If all you want to do is take pictures then I'd go with the D7000 primarily due to the price, you could take your savings and put it towards a good lens as good glass is very important.

Without a question d7000 + other lenses.

The thing that all photographers will tell you it's glass glass glass. I'd recommend getting a Nikon 35mm 1.8 DX (I've seen these as cheap as 125 CAD used) and try getting like a Sigma 18-50 2.8 (used around 350 CAD) or if you're going to travel and photography is primarily a hobby for you a Nikon 18-200. 

Canon 70D because sharpness isn't about everything. The 70D looks better and Canon grips are consistent with their feel and grip-ability. Since you have a Canon Lens go with that. Or the inferior with only Sigma "Art" glass because when you return to Canon you can have your Sigma glass converted to the EF(-S) mount.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Ended up buying a fujifilm XE-2 with 18-55mm kit lens as suggested by a close friend of mine. Still though, thanks for the help guys!