Windows 10 - Stable for main OS?

Hola,

I was wondering if it would be safe to upgrade to Windows 10 from my windows 7. The main thing I am scared of is not being able to get back to Win 7 if something goes wrong (I have backed up all my necessary things)

Thanks,

Tim

I mean when something like A freaking OS comes out there might be crashses and stuff, also there will be more updates, gigs upon gigs, as I expect, if you are way too scared of that, then just wait till people like me whos main rig is pretty shit test it out for others and send reports to microsoft

Hola,

I was wondering if it would be safe to upgrade to Windows 10 from my windows 7. The main thing I am scared of is not being able to get back to Win 7 if something goes wrong (I have backed up all my necessary things)

Thanks,

Tim

This has been answered in other threads. Do a search.

(to lazy to link today)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

yes, I have been using the technical preview, even that is stable

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

I mean when something like A freaking OS comes out there might be crashses and stuff, also there will be more updates, gigs upon gigs, as I expect, if you are way too scared of that, then just wait till people like me whos main rig is pretty shit test it out for others and send reports to microsoft

I am not worried about updates (I have patience ) and as long as the crashes do not affect the data on disk, then it is fine (I also have enough space for the updates if needed)

This has been answered in other threads. Do a search.

(to lazy to link today)

Too lazy to look :/

i'm stuck with the tech preview since 8.1 decided to shit out on me, but it's stable for the most part for me.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

i'm stuck with the tech preview since 8.1 decided to shit out on me, but it's stable for the most part for me.

Are you able to upgrade from the preview to the full version if you have your win 7 key?

Are you able to upgrade from the preview to the full version if you have your win 7 key?

you should.

"If it has tits or tires, at some point you will have problems with it." -@vinyldash303

this is probably the only place i'll hang out anymore: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/274320-the-long-awaited-car-thread/

Current Rig: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, Abit IN9-32MAX nForce 680i board, Galaxy GT610 1GB DDR3 gpu, Cooler Master Mystique 632S Full ATX case, 1 2TB Seagate Barracuda SATA and 1x200gb Maxtor SATA drives, 1 LG SATA DVD drive, Windows 10. All currently runs like shit :D 

only problem I have had is that graphics drivers after an update goes weird and I lose audio over HDMI

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

only problem I have had is that graphics drivers after an update goes weird and I lose audio over HDMI

this happens alot to me, every time use hdmi on a new device

Don't.

I have a horror story from when I was using Windows 10 as my main OS, which I could go into detail if you want me to, but I won't here.

The point is, Windows 10 isn't quite yet stable to use as your main OS, and given how close the launch of the final version is, I wouldn't risk it. Just be patient.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

Don't.

I have a horror story from when I was using Windows 10 as my main OS, which I could go into detail if you want me to, but I won't here.

The point is, Windows 10 isn't quite yet stable to use as your main OS, and given how close the launch of the final version is, I wouldn't risk it. Just be patient.

Really, there's nothing wrong, in my case. But the latest one was so buggy, so i rolled back to 9926. It now works fine, though search and the start menu is broken.

Really, there's nothing wrong, in my case. But the latest one was so buggy, so i rolled back to 9926. It now works fine, though search and the start menu is broken.

I'm not sure what happened, some combination of my hardware probably, but I had some major issues with the devloper preview, and fixing is was a total b!tch to do.

I'd ust rather not risk it again, the launch is only 2 months away (even though that can seem like an eternity in the PC world.

Useful threads: Code of Conduct || Unofficial LTT Beginners Guide || Forum FAQ

CPU: Intel Core i5 4440 GPU: GTX 760 MOBO: Asrock Z97 Anniversary RAM: 8GB Adata @ 1600 Mhz Case: Define R4 SSD: Kingston V300 128 GB

HDD: 1TB Seagate Barracuda NAS: 3TB Seagate Barracudas in RAID 1 PSU: EVGA 600B (600W 80+ Bronze) Display: LG 23MP75 (1080p IPS @ 60hz) 

I'm not sure what happened, some combination of my hardware probably, but I had some major issues with the devloper preview, and fixing is was a total b!tch to do.

I'd ust rather not risk it again, the launch is only 2 months away (even though that can seem like an eternity in the PC world.

It does feel like an eternity to me. I wanna actually see the real deal stable Windows 10 already.