On Monday i turn to intel...

I wanted to let everyone know that i am turning to intel after being with AMD for quite a while, currently i have a X2 545 unlocked to a X4 B45 and this will now be a 3570k, what a really what to know is people's opinions on the 3570k overclocked on a h80i or something equivalent.

thanks guys :)

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

Grats, changing to Intel seems to be the smart thing to do right now :)

maybe wait a little while... the new cpu's might come out soon... :)

I5 2500k 4,2, msi z77 mpower, h100i, asus gtx 660 ti oc, corsair tx850m, seagate barracuda 1tb, ocz agility 3 128gb, corsair c70. BenQ xl2420t, steelseries 7h fnatic edition, rat 7 mmo, steelseries qck and my (shameful) logitech k120.

umm welcome to 2012 my friend. there is not realy anything bad to say about the new i5s and i7s especialy if your using a discrete graphics card.

NZXT Kraken is a good option for that CPU if you wanna overclock... Linus did a video on it (

)

CPU: AMD FX 8120 @4.5Ghz - CPU cooler: Cooler Master Nepton 240M Watercooling - Mobo: Asus M5A97Pro - GPU: Sapphire Radeon R9 280X Vapor-X @ 1200Mhz - Memory: Kingston Hyper X 16GBs DDR3 - Storage: Kingston SSD & Seagate Baracude HDD - PSU: Cooler Master V850W PSU- Case: Cooler Master Cosmost II

-- Build Log old PC (HAF XB): 'the Cube': http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/36288-the-cube-cooler-master-haf-xb/ --

The 3570K is a great overclocking chip, runs a little hotter than SB, but difference is fairly minimal. As above, if your case can accommodate it, get the Kraken X60, or the X40. Both out perform the Hydro Series H80i. As for what you could expect, people have easily been getting 4.2 - 4.5 Ghz, somewhere in that ballpark.

Enjoy it :)

Grats' date=' changing to Intel seems to be the smart thing to do right now :) [/quote']

It's been that way for a while now.

3570k's OC really well, even on cheap air cooling. I got mine to 4.3 ghz with no voltage increase and now it's at 4.5ghz prime95 stable for over 18 hours with a Thermalright Hr-02 Macho. It's a beastly cpu. Well worth the extra over the amd chips.

If I was you I would wait for Haswell if you can as it would be a better choice.

If I was you I would wait for Haswell if you can as it would be a better choice.

But it's not going to be all that much of an improvement, and the 22nm architecture does not OC as well as the 32nm one, due to the decreased surface area.

Grats' date=' changing to Intel seems to be the smart thing to do right now :) [/quote'] It's been that way for a while now.

Yeah, ever since Intel's first generation Core CPU's.

And perhaps even a bit earlier.

Grats' date=' changing to Intel seems to be the smart thing to do right now :) [/quote'] It's been that way for a while now.
Yeah, ever since Intel's first generation Core CPU's. And perhaps even a bit earlier.

It's unfortunate that Bulldozer didn't destroy the competition.

Number crunching and my next upgrade is going to be a FX8350. Heresy, I know.

Stuff I try to use;

AMD FX 8350 4.3Ghz, Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Motherboard, 2x Asus HD6850, 8BG Kingston Hyper X RAM, Hyper X 120Gb SSD, Corsair GS800 PSU, Cooler Master HAF922 Case and my branes.

NZXT Kraken is a good option for that CPU if you wanna overclock... Linus did a video on it (
)

i was thinking of getting the kraken but the H80i seems to have a thicker rad probably twice as thick as the x40 and right now it isn't on sale in the UK and i really cant be bothered to wait, i am the sort of person who wants it there and then and if pc world has it in stock i will pay that extra £10 -£15 just so i can get it the same day XD.

PC Specs:

CPU: i5 4670K  4.5 GHz  | CPU COOLER: H80i | GPU:EVGA GTX 780Ti  |  Motherboard: MSI Z87I   |  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy  |  RAM: 8GB Avexir Venom  |  HDD: Seagate 1TB , 60GB Agility 3  Monitor: 32" HD TV (LOL)   PSU: Corsair 750W

Grats!

I just turned from 8120 to 3570k aswell and the performance increase and quality of the CPU in general was amazing.

Got mine at 4.5GHz on 1.25v and it rips apart anything i throw at it.

Best wishes

- cheti

But it's not going to be all that much of an improvement' date=' and the 22nm architecture does not OC as well as the 32nm one, due to the decreased surface area.[/quote']

It OC's just fine, it's just the temperature. Also, the die size will most likely increase in Haswell, therefore making your argument invalid.

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card
  • XSPC Raystorm CPU Waterblock
  • Dual 360mm UT60 Rads
  • 15 Yate Loon Medium fans
  • Yamakasi Catleap Monitor (1440p)
  • Sennheiser HD 598

+1 for waiting for Haswell. The IPC's (instructions per clock) should be through the roof if they choose to stay at the same clock speeds

My Current Build:

• 5.0GHz i7-3770k Processor
  • Asus Maximus V Formula Z77 Mobo
  • SLI Asus DCUII 670's Watercooled
  • 120GB Corsair Force GT3 Boot SSD
  • 1TB WD Caviar Black HDD
  • 16GB 1866MHz 9-10-9-27 G.Skill Ripjaws Z Memory
  • 1050w Seasonic 80+ Gold
  • Caselabs M8
  • Windows 7 64 bit
  • Samsung Blu-Ray Combo Drive
  • Creative Recon 3D Sound Card