SoundHound Competing Against Siri And Google Now

TwistedDictator

The guys at SoundHound has created a new app called Hound. It is a competitor to Siri or even Google Now, getting directions, hotels, weather searches, stocks and even more.

It allows voice search options which is different to others as you can speak to it more like a human instead of a machine, no need to only speak in keywords, facilities that recognizes language and not just words. Hound is currently in beta on Android with an iOS version set to join soon.
Keyvan Mohajer the founder of SoundHound spoke a series of ever-escalating commands and questions regarding international locations into his Nexus 5, eventually forcing the Android app to spit out the populations and capitals for three different countries all at once—the app delivered what he was looking for, no processing time needed. “The only limit,” Mohajer says, “is my breath.”

Hound is outstanding as it worked almost every time and what made it even more impressive that it wasn’t slow, it was super fast to respond; instead of collecting, synthesize, send, and then process your input which how a typical speech-recognition systems work, Hound does it simultaneously.

Source

This looks awesome and cant wait for it on Android. Its fast and works most of the time, that what I like :P

I rememeber when Siri was smart and answered questions correctly. Now they changed it lol

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

Never will be on apples or googles level, now on tap already looks great.

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

This looks to me like a Google Now clone that does everthing now did wrong- well, right. I can assume this is due to the smaller company being able to fixate on that one product where Google (and Microsoft in the focus of Cortana, Apple for Siri) has many.

Hopefully the niggles with Google Now are corrected: for example, where "talking to another person" is how this Hound application both demonstrates and explains, Google Now faulted because where another person could give you an approximation or exact information, Google Now would fall flat because it didn't support something or other. Along with that, Now never really felt to me as though it was as smooth/fluid as it could be in regards to actually being your mini assistant - something it just about does flawlessly in terms of design.

I'd like to see more of this Hound and what it has to offer.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

After seeing Google's recent conference, they fixed a lot of stuff and added a lot more functionality. Nice app never the less Hound.

- Fresher than a fruit salad.

I want an opensource version of a Voice Assistance program so that I can modify it when I learn how to program and so that I can install it on my homeserver.

This is an amazing test of Hound...

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

just improve the Soundhound app, for voice command, Nothing can defeat Google Now.