It's crash in the middle of nowhere.

Jackson889
Go to solution Solved by colonel_mortis,

I found it 

Event 41, Kernel-Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

That means that either it's a power issue (most likely) or it's something like your reset switch being pressed (or power button held for >~10 seconds). Do you have another power supply that you could test?

So I built the computer in the past blackfriday. It's lots of awesome deal. However, i just start getting some problems with it and i hope someone can help me.

When i play left for dead 2, my comp crashes my games out for some reasons. When i play Dota 2, it's shut my computer down then restart it. It's weird while im playing game

My specs: Mobo Asus Z77-V Pro with i7-3770k (4.5 then down to 4.2 and still crash with this sit, now at default speed and still crash with this issue, no problem at 4.5 in the past with offset mode +)

Corsair H100 with 2 noctua NF-F12 pushes tons of air

PNY GTX 66TI

Patriot Viper 3 16GB Desktop Memory Module Kit

Corsair HX750

OCZ Agility 4 256GB

WD 1TB ( just get replaced for some game issue)

Corsair 500R

I'm a bit scared right now and don't know what to do. Before this, about 2 hours ago, while im downloading left for dead 2. It crashes as well. I don't know what to do.

I'm trying to run memtest86 and prime95, but i don't know what prime95 setting should i run it in.

Please help linus and the community. Thank you very much

With Prime, try running a Blend test.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Try stability test just like how you test your OC.

If I were you I would Try testing CPU, Ram, VGA each for 24 hours.

(I think your ram could be the issue since your CPU is now at stock).

MB :MSI Z77a G45 | Proc: I5 3570K (Stock) | HSF : CM 212X turbo | RAM : Corsair Vengeance 8GB (2X4GB) | VGA : MSI GTX 660 Twin Frozr | PSU : Corsair GS600 | Case : CM Storm Enforcer | Storage :  OCZ Vector 128GB, WD Blue 500GB , Samsung 840 Evo 120GB, WD Blue 1TB

The Intel burn test stability ? I still don't quite get it.

How should i do it ?

First i will suggest you to follow these steps
- Update your system
- Start game without Autoconfig option
- Launch game with safe options and so on... I also have found a presentation tutorial that will resolve your problem You are only required to follow the steps mentioned in the tutorial

Are there any recent files in C:\Windows\Minidump ? If so, zip them and upload them so we can take a look at the crash dumps.

HTTP/2 203

Next time it happens, as soon as you get back into windows, open event viewer (eventvwr.msc) and look under windows logs/system. You might have to scroll a little bit, but there should be at least one Critical error with a time stamp of when it shut down. Could you post what it says (kernel power etc.) because that gives us an idea for the cause of the crash. It sounds like a slightly faulty PSU to me - do you have a spare you could try?

HTTP/2 203

Next time it happens, as soon as you get back into windows, open event viewer (eventvwr.msc) and look under windows logs/system. You might have to scroll a little bit, but there should be at least one Critical error with a time stamp of when it shut down. Could you post what it says (kernel power etc.) because that gives us an idea for the cause of the crash. It sounds like a slightly faulty PSU to me - do you have a spare you could try?

Yes do this.

I have not found this log. Scroll quite a bit after two times reset for no reasons. Any other thing to do ?

I don't have any extra power source to spare. Should i RMA my PSU back to Corsair ?

I have not found this log. Scroll quite a bit after two times reset for no reasons. Any other thing to do ?

I don't have any extra power source to spare. Should i RMA my PSU back to Corsair ?

You did arrange it by date, didn't you? But if you can't test with another PSU, I guess RMAing it is probably the best path. If possible though, try and get another PSU and connect the cables then see whether it makes any difference.

HTTP/2 203

Doing the RMA now,mate ( British accent)

Thank you for your help. It might be bad PSU

Maybe a bit late now...but have you made sure that the temperatures are allright (on both the cpu and gpu side)?

There's a time and place for everything! But not now. - Professor Oak

i7 2600K 4.3GHz  -  GTX 1060 3GB  - ASUS P8Z68-V - 16GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - EIZO 1080p 120Hz VA

Intel Skulltrail: 2x Core 2 Quad QX9775 - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-800 CL5 Quad Channel

EVGA SR-2 Classified - 2x Xeon X5675 4.2GHz - 24GB DDR3-1830 C10 Triple Channel

Intel Skulltrail #2: 2x Xeon E5472  - Intel D5400XS - 16GB FB DDR2-667 CL5 Quad Channel

I found it 

Event 41, Kernel-Power

The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.

Looks like you were right then, probably a faulty psu

OnePlus 6T

I found it 

Event 41, Kernel-Power

That means that either it's a power issue (most likely) or it's something like your reset switch being pressed (or power button held for >~10 seconds). Do you have another power supply that you could test?

HTTP/2 203

I got a new PSU today. Trying to test if things will crash again. Thank you for your support