650w Power Supply recomendations?

TheSqueakyMonkey
Go to solution Solved by TheSqueakyMonkey,

I think he meant that there isn't a 0db mode, but there is on this one :)

I was watching TechPowerUp's review and they didn't explain what the "hybrid fan mode" meant, but after going to XFX's website and did some research, they do appear to have a 0db mode (Hybrid fan mode)

So basically this is a purchase for me.

Thank you everyone! Really appreciate @AliveGhost13 for the info on the 0db mode!

I'm buying parts for my build and i originally i wanted an EVGA GS Supernova 650w power supply, however those are not sold in my country.

Here's a website with a good estimate of what's sold in here:

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/fontes#/componentes-para-computadores/fontes/categoria/650w/?limit=24

I eyeballed the CM650w from Corsair, however after reading Jonny Guru's review and a problem with the 5v rail i was a bit disappointed, and the EVGA G1 was also coming short (and has a handle bar, wtf?).

So are any of these PSU's good, or should i talk to the stores and see if they can order an EVGA GS like i originally planned?

EDIT: I forgot to add but i'd prefer Fully Modular PSU's

I'm buying parts for my build and i originally i wanted an EVGA GS Supernova 650w power supply, however those are not sold in my country.

Here's a website with a good estimate of what's sold in here:

http://www.chiptec.net/componentes-para-computadores/fontes#/componentes-para-computadores/fontes/categoria/650w/?limit=24

I eyeballed the CM650w from Corsair, however after reading Jonny Guru's review and a problem with the 5v rail i was a bit disappointed, and the EVGA G1 was also coming short (and has a handle bar, wtf?).

So are any of these PSU's good, or should i talk to the stores and see if they can order an EVGA GS like i originally planned?

gs should be slighly better than the g1 as far as ripple goes, i can't remember off the top of my head of the xfx is any good. The longer warranty is also nice. You're at the right place to look at reviews. Johnnyguru does good work.

Thanks for the replies!

The XFX XRT seems to be a good choice and was thinking about it after reading some reviews.

One minor downside that i have with it is no 0db operation.

Thank you again!

This might be just be the thing powering my MSI GTX 980.

Thanks for the replies!

The XFX XRT seems to be a good choice and was thinking about it after reading some reviews.

One minor downside that i have with it is no 0db operation.

Thank you again!

This might be just be the thing powering my MSI GTX 980.

Why is the 0db a downside ? You can turn that off if you want to so the fan will spin all the time.

Why is the 0db a downside ? You can turn that off if you want to so the fan will spin all the time.

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Cooler Master has some great 80PLUS Gold PSU in that watt-range. 

ASRock X99X Killer, i7 5820K @4Ghz, 16Gb Crucial DDR4, 2x 250Gb Samsung Evo, WD 2TB Black + 2TB Red, Corsair 750D, EVGA Supernova G2 850 & GTX 980 (ref.)

If you wish for me to reply, please quote my comment ;)

I was watching TechPowerUp's review and they didn't explain what the "hybrid fan mode" meant, but after going to XFX's website and did some research, they do appear to have a 0db mode (Hybrid fan mode)

So basically this is a purchase for me.

Thank you everyone! Really appreciate @AliveGhost13 for the info on the 0db mode!