How to center this?

Go to solution Solved by minibois,

x and y?

As for x:

TextField.x =(WholeFieldWidth / 2) - (TextFieldWidth / 2)

y is the same, but with .y and height obviously.

(Not sure what language though and what kind of variables it has)

Okay, if my label is like 150 pixel large and my frame (the thing I want to center it in) is 770 pixel wide. I like, can't figure out the formula or whatever, I feel stupid right now, help.

x and y?

As for x:

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

x and y?

As for x:

No but I don't mean in a programation language. I mean in general, how woud you sort it out?

How do you expect people to help you if you aren't more specific as you are right now?

How do you expect people to help you if you aren't more specific as you are right now?

Well he helped me out and I was not specefic. And I kinda did, I said in pixels. Not in programmation, just in general, doing it with your head. I know it's sutpid but I couldn't figure it out.

770 - 150 = 620

620 / 2 = 310

space left 310px

space right 310px

Intel i7 6700k - MSI Z17A0 Gaming M5 - 4 x 8Gb Kingston HyperX 2666Mhz - MSI GTX 970 - Samsung Pro 128Gb - WD 3Tb - 750 Watt MS-TECH

No but I don't mean in a programation language. I mean in general, how woud you sort it out?

Well, kind of like I did still.

Take the half of the width of where you want to place it, take half of the width of the thing you want to place somewhere and subtract that last number, with the first one and you will know where to position the middle of the object on the platform.

Are is this still too much like programming? '-'

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

Well, kind of like I did still.

Take the half of the width of where you want to place it, take half of the width of the thing you want to place somewhere and subtract that last number, with the first one and you will know where to position the middle of the object on the platform.

Are is this still too much like programming? '-'

It's fine, I was just precising that it wasn't for a language because you said "(Not sure what language though and what kind of variables it has)". I already picked your answer.