USB wireless internet?

Hey

At home I use cable internet for my desktop. To be honest I still think that cable is the best way to transfer internet, mostly because wifi routers don`t give you the same constant internet access. 

But cable internet isn`t as easy to get access to at other people. Therefore I am considering to get a wifi card or wifi usb reciver. Since I rearly use wifi, I really don`t want to put another pci-e card in my computer. Therefore I think that usb is the way to go, but will it preform as just as good? 

Hey

At home I use cable internet for my desktop. To be honest I still think that cable is the best way to transfer internet, mostly because wifi routers don`t give you the same constant internet access. 

But cable internet isn`t as easy to get access to at other people. Therefore I am considering to get a wifi card or wifi usb reciver. Since I rearly use wifi, I really don`t want to put another pci-e card in my computer. Therefore I think that usb is the way to go, but will it preform as just as good? 

USB 2 has a limit of  480 Mbit/s so its fast but a PCIE card could be faster.  But it should be good enough for most browsing circumstances, and light downloading.  

Just as well as pci-e? Most of the time, sure. 

As well as cable? No.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Nothing is as good as connecting it directly, but my friends usb for his comp doesn't make his slow ass internet any worse.  Haha  I want fiber =(

Nothing is as good as connecting it directly, but my friends usb for his comp doesn't make his slow ass internet any worse.  Haha  I want fiber =(

Yeah, fiber would be awsome!!! :D I already knew that wifi would not be the same as a cable connection. But now I am really just talking about how to get the best wifi solution.

Yeah, fiber would be awsome!!! :D I already knew that wifi would not be the same as a cable connection. But now I am really just talking about how to get the best wifi solution.

Does that mean you're looking for a specific usb wireless card?

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.