Windows 10 Gaming ?

Tithonius

Ok, so as most of us have probably noticed, we have gotten notifications on our desktop telling us to upgrade to windows 10. But my question isnt about the new softwared, but about games. If someone were to upgrade to windows 10 how long would they have to wait for games to support it? What if you install Windows 10 on a gaming machine, how many games would no longer work? And furthurmore, how long do you think it will take for windows 10 to be the platform that everyone should be on?

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

Ok, so as most of us have probably noticed, we have gotten notifications on our desktop telling us to upgrade to windows 10. But my question isnt about the new softwared, but about games. If someone were to upgrade to windows 10 how long would they have to wait for games to support it? What if you install Windows 10 on a gaming machine, how many games would no longer work? And furthurmore, how long do you think it will take for windows 10 to be the platform that everyone should be on?

I would assume most games would work thanks to directX.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/9DNjLk I like the night theme, it complements my dark basement. If you are reading this then you must also be a fan of the night theme.

01011011 01000010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 00100000 01001000 01100101 01110010 01100101 01011101 

Windows 10 isn't out yet, it's just a "reservation" for when it launches in august 

CPU - i5 4690K @ 4.5Ghz l CPU Cooler - Nepton 240m l GPU - MSI GTX970 gaming 4g 2-way SLI l SLI Bridge - MSI Gaming 2-way L Pro l Mobo - MSI Z97-G45 Gaming l RAM - 2x8GB Vengeance Pro 2133mhz DDR3 l PSU - Corsair HX750i l SSD - 2x Samsung 840 Evo 250GB in raid 0 | HDD - WD Black 2TB | Case - NZXT H440 Red/Black l OS - Windows 10 l Mouse Logitech G502 l MousePad - XTRFY NiP lightning l KeyBoard - Corsair Vengeance K70 RGB (Red) | Headset - Asus ROG Spitfire | Monitor - Asus PG279Q - VG248QE l PCPP - http://pcpartpicker.com/p/sxTpsY | Please don't buy CX PSU for a high end PC

My friend who's using Windows 10 Preview says gaming performance is somewhat better than Windows 8.1 or similarly the same, so it will be fine (also there's full DirectX 12 support for W10)

I just really hope that most of the games and third party programs are fully backwards compatible with windows 10...

CPU: i7-8700K I CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 GPU: ROG Strix 1080 Ti MoBo: ROG Strix Z370-E RAM:  G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB)   PSU: CORSAIR HXi Series HX1000i Case: Corsair Air 540 Display: 24" 1920X1080p 144Hz ASUS - 27" 2560X1440p 144Hz Dell OS: Windows 10 Home 64bit

I would assume most games would work thanks to directX.

But i dont think that is going to be the case, Windows 10 will have compatibility issues. Thinking it wont is just asking for trouble

Collecting every single CPU in existence? Is it possible? I have no idea, but i'm sure gonna try! http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/341848-dont-throw-away-old-cpus-im-collecting/

Windows 10 isn't out yet, it's just a "reservation" for when it launches in august 

I know, im just thinking ahead :D

AMD GPU users seams to get a nice performing boost.

Mind you, this is only 1 game, but good nonetheless

AMD GPU users seams to get a nice performing boost.

Mind you, this is only 1 game, but good nonetheless

Yeah, this is a good point. But like you said, its just one game. How many games that are out right now are going to have issues with the update to windows 10?

Yeah, this is a good point. But like you said, its just one game. How many games that are out right now are going to have issues with the update to windows 10?

Technically speaking, none.

However, piss poor programming is sadly in the gaming world. Before you say: "It doesn't work", try compatibility mode.

This is sadly out of the hands of Microsoft.

Hang on, do I get to choose when win 10 downloads? And if Windows releases before I reserve it so I still get to download it?

Follow the topics you create using the "Follow" button in the top right corner!

One day I will have my GTX 970. One day. PC specs are at my profile.

Not sure how to check what part works with what? Check out my compatibility guide!

Technically speaking, none.

However, piss poor programming is sadly in the gaming world. Before you say: "It doesn't work", try compatibility mode.

This is sadly out of the hands of Microsoft.

True, there shouldt be any issues, but idk :P Also, if you upgrade to windows 10 do you have to reinstall all your games and stuff?

True, there shouldt be any issues, but idk :P Also, if you upgrade to windows 10 do you have to reinstall all your games and stuff?

Nope. Unless you want to pass from 32-bit Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 64-bit, of course. But I don't think it concerns many people here.

Hang on, do I get to choose when win 10 downloads? And if Windows releases before I reserve it so I still get to download it?

If you reserve your copy, it will download a few days earlier and be available to install on July 29. It is a way to maximize the number of people being able to use Windows 10 on day 1.

Nope. Unless you want to pass from 32-bit Windows 7/8 to Windows 10 64-bit, of course. But I don't think it concerns many people here.

yeah, ill be going from 8.1 64bit to windows 10, when i go.

So the question becomes, should I upgrade right when it comes out?

yeah, ill be going from 8.1 64bit to windows 10, when i go.

So the question becomes, should I upgrade right when it comes out?

Up to you. But Windows 10 has been deeply tested thanks to the Insider program, which started very early in development, and continue to be.

In addition, Windows 10 is the one with the most testers than any previous versions of Windows, by massively considerable amount. Microsoft shared number many months ago, and it was continuing to increase.

Up to you. But Windows 10 has been deeply tested thanks to the Insider program, which started very early in development, and continue to be.

In addition, Windows 10 is the one with the most testers than any previous versions of Windows, by massively considerable amount. Microsoft shared number many months ago, and it was continuing to increase.

Hmm, ill have to look deeper into it then :P

Have tried a lot of games on Windows 10 over the last few months and all have worked great. So it seems to be a very easy transition (at least for AMD users.)

I bet E3 for microsoft will promote the X platform thanks to Windows 10.

But I think we should wait few months, just to see how the new OS performs.

Also, DX12 will consider SLI profiles as serie instead of paralel, which should improves it a lot.

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless

I bet E3 for microsoft will promote the X platform thanks to Windows 10.

But I think we should wait few months, just to see how the new OS performs.

Why? We have already tested and confirmed it works well (for games).

It's coming out 29th of july.

Games on the whole run fine in experience and judging by other responses I'm not the only one

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory

Anyone with a Nvidia GPU and Windows 10? Any games not running well? I mostly play CSGO and GTA 5 so if anyone plays those on W10 please tell me :)

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Why? We have already tested and confirmed it works well (for games).

There aren't any other bugs ?

CPU: i7 4790K | MB: Asus Z97-A | RAM: 32Go Hyper X Fury 1866MHz | GPU's: GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Corsair AX 850 | Storage: Vertex 3, 2x Sandisk Ultra II,Velociraptor | Case : Corsair Air 540

Mice: Steelseries Rival | KB: Corsair K70 RGB | Headset: Steelseries H wireless