Windows 10 official pricing

GoodBytes

You are building a new computer and want Windows 10 on it, so as a good citizen of the world, you want to go out and buy Windows 10.

Microsoft has revealed today the pricing of Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.

Windows 10 Home will cost: $119 U.S

Windows 10 Pro will cost: $199 U.S

To upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, this will cost: $99 U.S

The easiest way to get Windows 10 is to upgrade for free. You may also purchase a copy of Windows 10 if you decide not to upgrade, or if you need to purchase a copy for other reasons like installing on a PC you built yourself. The suggested retail prices for Windows 10 in the U.S. are the same as Windows 8.1.

Windows 10 Home is an estimated retail price of $119. Windows 10 Pro is an estimated retail price of $199. And Windows 10 Pro Pack, which enables you to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, is an estimated retail price of $99. All these are available in stores or online.

Source: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft-windows-10-home-costs-119-pro-costs-199

There is no information on the price of the upgrade once the upgrade offer ends. And there is no mentioned of System Builder OEM licenses cost. But it is safe to assume that it will be the same as Windows 8.

Windows 8 - System Builder OEM license cost $99.99 U.S

Windows 8 Pro - System Builder OEM license cost $139.99 U.S

Prices aren't outrageous for MSs business model. A beyond competent OS that will last you years. If you can't pay for that, that is not MSs problem and it certainly isn't the price that is the issue. Far more expensive and far more niche software exists that I've paid for, Windows is a worthy investment. 

Prices aren't outrageous for MSs business model. A beyond competent OS that will last you years. If you can't pay for that, that is not MSs problem and it certainly isn't the price that is the issue. Far more expensive and far more niche software exists that I've paid for, Windows is a worthy investment. 

will you please stop banging on about how much value for money you get out out of windows....osx is £15 and so far has lasted 5 years so im sorry but no its not great value in fact its a bit of a rip off.......also value is defined by the consumer not the retailer....if we dont want to pay it its never selling....end of

on topic unless there is an introductory offer i aint paying for it

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

will you please stop banging on about how much value for money you get out out of windows....osx is £15 and so far has lasted 5 years so im sorry but no its not great value in fact its a bit of a rip off.......also value is defined by the consumer not the retailer....if we dont want to pay it its never selling....end of

on topic unless there is an introductory offer i aint paying for it

Apple subsidizes using hardware. Ms does not.

OSX would be just as pricey as a standalone, let's not try and pretend otherwise.

Most people will just go to the key reseller subreddit and buy them there anyway.

Since that is the retail version pricing that is pretty good. Didn't Windows 7 Ultimate cost like ~$250 for retail version?

Most people here are going to be buying the System Builder/OEM version anyways which is always cheaper.

CPU: i7 4790K  RAM: 32 GB 2400 MHz  Motherboard: Asus Z-97 Pro  GPU: GTX 770  SSD: 256 GB Samsung 850 Pro  OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit

if we dont want to pay it its never selling....end of

There is a large percentage of people who are willing to pay for it. It will sell no matter what.

I mean, is $120 really that much for something that you will use everyday for 5-6 years? I don't think it is

i5 3570k - MSI Z77 GD65 - 16GB Corsair Vengeance - Galaxy GTX 780 - Corsair AX650 - Custom CPU Loop - Corsair 650D - OCZ Agility 4 128GB - WD Black 640GB

I haven't got the upgrade icon on my OEM version of Windows 7. Is this intended?

Can anyone clarify the free upgrade for me? Im not exactly thrilled to drop another $120 on an OS

So the forced automatic updates home version is out of the question. 200 for the pro version is actually quite unreasonable. I really do hope they continue to offer discounts to OEM versions otherwise they're going for an extremely disappointing price point.

-------

Current Rig

-------

I haven't got the upgrade icon on my OEM version of Windows 7. Is this intended?

Can anyone clarify the free upgrade for me? Im not exactly thrilled to drop another $120 on an OS

How old is the system? Also, even if you don't have the icon, you can still get the upgrade; you just have to wait until after launch day.

How old is the system? Also, even if you don't have the icon, you can still get the upgrade; you just have to wait until after launch day.

About two and a half years, assembled all new parts in December 2012

Did MS announce the differences between the two versions? Most likely going to Windows 10 regular.

Did MS announce the differences between the two versions? Most likely going to Windows 10 regular.

Yes. Pro gets you:

- Control of updates

- Remote desktop host

- join domain

- Hyper-V

- Bit-Locker

- Group policy

- boot from vhd

120$ for Home? 200$ for Pro?

Is it just me or are those prices insane? :o

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

Same price as Windows 8. Those are retail store pricing.

You pay more but you have a nice box, support, and you can transfer it to another system