ZALMAN 700W ZM700-LX or EVGA 500B 500W

JoeTheProgrammer

What do you guys thinking about this PSU? I am deciding between that and EVGA 500B 500W.

EVGA all the way. Zalman tends to make ok PSU's, but I've always bought and recommended EVGA with 0 issues. 

My arsenal: i7-9700k Gaming Rig, an iPhone, and Stupidity.

whichever one is cheaper, they are both pretty standard

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Currently I can buy Zalman for about 6 euro less.

The EVGA one is probably better quality.

The price was recently changed in my store, originally Zalman was about 10 euro more expensive. Anyway that's why I wanted to know opinion of you guys.

Just because it is EVGA does not mean it is an excellent quality unit as highlighted here, it's made by HEC and is far insuperior to their G2, GS, B2 and so on, however, the Zalman is made by HECT and I would take the EVGA for the higher efficiency rating and it's just probably a better unit internally

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

@AliveGhost13 That's more or less what I think except that mine is based on guess since I have no idea what is inside or who actually made them.

Yeah, what system will you be running?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

@AliveGhost13 Well, I haven't decided yet. Right now I want it to power my current system (few years old). Almost any PSU would be good enough for that.

Most likely I will upgrade to i5-4460, 8/16gb of hyperx 1600/1866 and R9 270 / R9 280 / GTX 960. Prices in my local shop spiked up and I am not willing to pay that for this kind of hardware so I've decided to wait a bit. I am also quite interested in what computex brings to the table.

Who knows maybe I will even change my mind and go with combo like i7 and R9 290x but it's unlikely. I don't have upper budget limit but I don't want high-end machine.