Extremely Silent Power Supplies and RPM?

Hi, I'm looking for a few silent power supplies to choose from to ultimately put into my own rig and I was wondering what RPM means - in addition to this is there a webpage or place I can go to see how quiet power supplies are? I know jonny guru or whatever it's called does good coverage as to quality and what not but I need something for the noise 

- I've looked at the seasonic, and corsair RM ones 

RPM just means fan speed.

Seasonic makes great PSUs and some of them have no fan at all. Stay away from Corsair RM.

"Rawr XD"

Hi, I'm looking for a few silent power supplies to choose from to ultimately put into my own rig and I was wondering what RPM means - in addition to this is there a webpage or place I can go to see how quiet power supplies are? I know jonny guru or whatever it's called does good coverage as to quality and what not but I need something for the noise 

If u don't need to put it under heavy loads, I would go with seasonic fanless psu. Currently using one in my home NAS.

And it's silent (obviously).

RPM just means fan speed.

Seasonic makes great PSUs and some of them have no fan at all. Stay away from Corsair RM.

ohhhhhhhhhhh i see now, is there like a place to measure how quiet a power supply is, i feel like someone has posted a place before 

people keep saying stay away from the corsair rm's but i haven't seen anything wrong with them other than the capacitors and i don't know what that means, they seem like my 1st or second choice because of the corsair name and whatnot - i have my eye right now on a seasonic snow silent 1050w power supply but no one has posted how loud it is 

ohhhhhhhhhhh i see now, is there like a place to measure how quiet a power supply is, i feel like someone has posted a place before 

Professional reviews, or just ask here lol

What specs?

"Rawr XD"

Revolutions per minute, the amount of time the fan will spin in 1 minute, zero rpm means no spinning.

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

RAM: Corsair Vengeance 4GBx4  MOUSE: CM Mizar KEYBOARD: Logitec G110

people keep saying stay away from the corsair rm's but i haven't seen anything wrong with them other than the capacitors and i don't know what that means, they seem like my 1st or second choice because of the corsair name and whatnot - i have my eye right now on a seasonic snow silent 1050w power supply but no one has posted how loud it is 

A lot of quiet psu's will actually have noise ratings telling you how many dbs it actually hits

CPU: i5-4690K @ 4.0GHz GPU: Gigabyte Gtx 970 WindForce MOBO: Gigabyte Z97 Gaming-3 CASE: Corsair Carbide 200R PSU: Corsair RM750

A lot of quiet psu's will actually have noise ratings telling you how many dbs it actually hits

what is dbs 

Revolutions per minute, the amount of time the fan will spin in 1 minute, zero rpm means no spinning.

ahhh I see thank you 

Professional reviews, or just ask here lol

What specs?

?

?

What are the specs of your rig? If you don't pull that many watts, there's options that have no fan at all and are completely silent.

"Rawr XD"

Decibels, I personnaly have an RM750 which is quiet although I lot of people don't like the RM series

I was wondering what RPM means -

Revolutions Per Minute. Like a tachometer in a car.

I don't do signatures.

But honestly, the PSU fan wont be that loud especially if you're running a high end GPU

Just had a look at quite a few "Be Quiet!" PSUs and apparently they're a pretty damn good seller! I'm for sure going to be taking a deeper look into them, so now I'm looking at 3 main brand types and sub section PSUs thank you everyone, I know it's kind of a repost thread from one I had earlier but thank you

I am personally using the RM750 - and have only been happy with it. The flat cables are very nice, but Corsair Link needs something extra if you want to actually use it - meaning you have to buy an accessory from Corsair to get it working. 

I will recommend it, but other people will shit on it because it isn't as good value as other psus(most of them havent tried the psu). It is dead silent - not even a peep comes from it. My system is fully stable, running an i7 4790k and a GTX 970.

CPU: I7 4790K(4.6@1.252v)                               Case: Fractal Design Define R5 Windowed(Black)           Cooler: CM 212 EVO + NF F12 iPPC

RAM: HyperX Fury 1600MHZ CL10 2x4GB      Storage: Samsung 850 EVO(250GB) + WD Red(2TB)      PSU: Corsair RM750 (and no, it hasn't blown up!)

MoBo: Asus Maximus VII Ranger                      Graphics: MSI GTX 970 TwinFrozr (1494MHZ Core)       OS: Windows 10 Enterprise