Windows 7 Ultimate or Windows 8.1 Pro?

Techinoob

lol.............

Windows 10.

Security Analyst & Tech Enthusiast

Ask me anything.

Definitely. Windows 8.1 puts both 7 and 10 to shame. 

Not out yet -.- 

-.-.....?

Ask me anything.

STICK WITH THE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE!

When the Windows 10 Upgrade comes you will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Ultimate instead of Professional! Upgrading to Win 8 will be killing hundreds of dollars.

STICK WITH THE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE!

When the Windows 10 Upgrade comes you will be able to upgrade to Windows 10 Ultimate instead of Professional! Upgrading to Win 8 will be killing hundreds of dollars.

wtf?.. Where did you get this bullshit story from?

Ask me anything.

How does it put 10 to shame?

The last time I used 10, roughly 2 months ago, the start screen lost the functionality that it used to have; Microsoft is trying too hard to please the Windows 7 plebs. The black and white themed control panel just looks awful. Same goes for all the new icons. I feel that windowed metro apps look disgusting and at the time didn't play well with ones designed for full screen such as Netflix and Hulu- the taskbar persisted while watching a video which is just stupid. My main gripe is the startscreen though- it's stupid to ruin something so perfect. 

wtf?.. Where did you get this bullshit story from?

When you upgrade to Win10 you upgrade to the same level as your previous OS. Home goes to Home, Pro goes to Pro, Ultimate goes to Ultimate

The last time I used 10, roughly 2 months ago, the start screen lost the functionality that it used to have; Microsoft is trying too hard to please the Windows 7 plebs. The black and white themed control panel just looks awful. Same goes for all the new icons. I feel that windowed metro apps look disgusting and at the time didn't play well with ones designed for full screen such as Netflix and Hulu- the taskbar persisted while watching a video which is just stupid. My main gripe is the startscreen though- it's stupid to ruin something so perfect. 

Just sounds like a matter of opinion to me, I'm rocking Windows 10 right now and yes there are some bugs here and there but the OS fits the "function over aesthetics" category quite well from what I've experienced so far. 

Like watching Anime? Consider joining the unofficial LTT Anime Club Heaven Society~ ^.^

8.1, because honestly Windows 7 is in some cases inferior to Windows 8.1. Windows 10 will sort of be the same to Windows 8.1.

I don't like the placement of the search bar and Cortana. I mean the overall experience in Windows 10 isn't too bad but after living with Windows 8.1 for a year and a half, some of these things that are lost in Windows 10 makes it feel just sort of out of place especially with the search bar. The charms bar is so convenient it's just unfortunate that it is/was a requirement to do functions that should exist in the start window/menu so that you have the option to sleep or restart or shut down from either the charms bar or the start window.  

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

When you upgrade to Win10 you upgrade to the same level as your previous OS. Home goes to Home, Pro goes to Pro, Ultimate goes to Ultimate

Except Microsoft got rid of Ultimate Edition when they released Windows 8. So Windows 7 Ultimate will only upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

:)

there is no 10 ultimate

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

Yeah for those that actually utilised the start screen, it is pretty much ruined, I agree.

But the majority of people installed third party programs to get away from the start screen because it is simply bad with a mouse and keyboard (I enjoy using it on touch devices), it should have been user choice from start screen or start menu in the first place.

I have the latest updates at the moment and the transition from metro to windowed apps is odd and the transition from the classic control panel and other main settings to the metro style is pretty bad at the moment as well, but it is still a wip so you can't really say a fairly developed OS puts a wip one to shame.

I'm on w7 ultimate basically because 8.1 gives me a headache for a desktop

Its all about those volumetric clouds

Yeah for those that actually utilised the start screen, it is pretty much ruined, I agree.

But the majority of people installed third party programs to get away from the start screen because it is simply bad with a mouse and keyboard (I enjoy using it on touch devices), it should have been user choice from start screen or start menu in the first place.

I have the latest updates at the moment and the transition from metro to windowed apps is odd and the transition from the classic control panel and other main settings to the metro style is pretty bad at the moment as well, but it is still a wip so you can't really say a fairly developed OS puts a wip one to shame.

Oh..... I prefer startscreen on a mouse and keyboard setup because it's like having your icons on your desktop but his hidable so you can keep your regular desktop clean. It's also much easier to organize the apps that I frequently use and pin rather than hunting for them in a folder.

Oh..... I prefer startscreen on a mouse and keyboard setup because it's like having your icons on your desktop but his hidable so you can keep your regular desktop clean. It's also much easier to organize the apps that I frequently use and pin rather than hunting for them in a folder.

You can install some software called Fences which has the option of hiding your icons when you double click the desktop. That cleans it up and is hidable. And you still get your unintrusive search and quick access to shutdown

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

No.. that's not true -,-

Pro goes Pro and Ultimate goes Pro.

Home goes Home same as Pro goes Pro and Ultimate goes Pro .. there's no Ultimate. and srsly, how does Ultimate affect windows performance? .. only a few features that ass god knows how to operate them.

Ask me anything.

Fully updated windows 8.1 is better and user friendly and i think all windows users will get windows 10 upgrade for free

Home to home, pro to pro, ultimate to pro.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

If you already own windows 7, no point in upgrading, if you have a pirated OS, then buy the windows 8.1.

Fractal Design Define R4 | MSI x79a-GD45 | 3960X @ 4.6Ghz | Lots of EK Blocks | EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB (4x4) DDR3 1866 | Samsung 840 Pro 512GB SSD | Western Digital Red 2TB x4 (Raid 10) | Corsair AX760 | Windows 7 Professional 64-bit