Any good backpacks?

ColorfulShardMC

I'm looking for a new backpack and I just can't find a decent one. I am about 5 10 and I want to find a backpack that is really organizable and can fit stuff like a laptop, a water bottle, and not too many pockets. 

My Computer (Yet to be named)

Processor: Intel i7 5930k @ 4.4 Cooler: Corsair H100i Motherboard: Gigabyte X99-SLI RAM: 16GB EVGA 2666Mhz 4x4 Graphics Card: PNY Geforce GTX 980 ti  Storage: 1x Intel 730 240GB / 2x Kingston HyperX 3K 240GB PSU: Corsair RM650 Case: NZXT S340 Monitor: Asus VG248QE Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013

I'm gonna stalk this, I need a new backpack, the shitty HP one that I've got now has been killed from the 20+ pounds of school shit that I keep in it... (One of the straps has basically ripped off, and its falling apart inside too)

And I'm about the same height too! :D

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I really like my everki bag.  A lot.

Intel 4670K /w TT water 2.0 performer, GTX 1070FE, Gigabyte Z87X-DH3, Corsair HX750, 16GB Mushkin 1333mhz, Fractal R4 Windowed, Varmilo mint TKL, Logitech m310, HP Pavilion 23bw, Logitech 2.1 Speakers

The Hatchet Backpack by Jansport is pretty good

I like my Swissgear backpack, but it was expensive and has a fair amount of pockets. Tons of room and really really sturdy, though.

My PC: MSI X99s SLI PLUS///Intel i7 5820k///Corsair H100i///Crucial DDR4 12GB///EVGA Supernova Gold 750w G2///ASUS GTX 1080 Strix///Phanteks Enthoo Luxe///Intel 730 240GB SSD///WD Blue 1TB///Intel 6250 WiFi
Current Peripherals: Sennheiser HD598///Corsair K70 LUX///Logitech MX Master///Razer Destructor 2///Saitek X52///Acer X34 Predator

I have a tiny backpack compared to everybody else I know at school, at around 15" x 14" x 5"... And I carry more stuff then pretty much any of those people.

I thought it was way too small to do anything useful with, but honestly, I can stuff a lot more things into it then most people think I can. It fits a Lenovo Y40, two 1-inch thick textbooks, a thin binder for my worksheets and notes, charger for the Y40 and some misc cables, my lunch, a water bottle, and two cans of pop. All at the same time, in this

You don't need as big of a backpack as you think you do.

"Rawr XD"

I have a tiny backpack compared to everybody else I know at school, at around 15" x 14" x 5"... And I carry more stuff then pretty much any of those people.

I thought it was way too small to do anything useful with, but honestly, I can stuff a lot more things into it then most people think I can. It fits a Lenovo Y40, two 1-inch thick textbooks, a thin binder for my worksheets and notes, charger for the Y40 and some misc cables, my lunch, a water bottle, and two cans of pop. All at the same time, in this

You don't need as big of a backpack as you think you do.

lol, is this for real.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

lol, is this for real.

Yep it's my daily for school. I'd get something else but there's only like 2 weeks left of classes

"Rawr XD"

Yep it's my daily for school. I'd get something else but there's only like 2 weeks left of classes

Fair enough.

Intel i7 4790k / MSI Z97M / Hyper 212 Evo / MSI Twin Frozr GTX 770 / 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz / Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 / Corsair CS750M / Samsung 840 Evo 250gb SSD /  WD Blue 1TB

(One of the straps has basically ripped off, and its falling apart inside too)

Same with mine, ghetto sewing and duct tape ftw

I genuinely wonder how this backpack has lasted me so long. I originally bought it as partly a joke partly as memorabilia, but used it as my daily after my proper Targus laptop bag fell apart and I didn't feel like getting another one. I wasn't expecting it to last long with the load but it outlasted the Targus more then 3 times over, the supposedly crappiest bag I've ever had lasted the longest and is still going O.o

"Rawr XD"

Same with mine, ghetto sewing and duct tape ftw

I genuinely wonder how this backpack has lasted me so long. I originally bought it as partly a joke partly as memorabilia, but used it as my daily after my proper Targus laptop bag fell apart and I didn't feel like getting another one. I wasn't expecting it to last long with the load but it outlasted the Targus more then 3 times over O.o

I ended up taking a screwdriver and stabbing holes through the material, then using zip-ties to hold it together xD it's worked pretty well so far, though I've also cut down the amount of crap in my backpack by 5-10 pounds.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I ended up taking a screwdriver and stabbing holes through the material, then using zip-ties to hold it together xD it's worked pretty well so far, though I've also cut down the amount of crap in my backpack by 5-10 pounds.

I just took a needle and some thread and just ghetto sewed a part together that was coming apart, with no prior sewing experience ever lol

It wasn't even really necessary on mine, its just that if I didn't sew it one of the (smaller) pockets wouldn't be usable any more due to a big hole where everything just fell out. Lost a battery bank before I found out there was a hole.

"Rawr XD"

I just took a needle and some thread and just ghetto sewed a part together that was coming apart, with no prior sewing experience ever lol

It wasn't even really necessary on mine, its just that if I didn't sew it one of the (smaller) pockets wouldn't be usable any more due to a big hole where everything just fell out. Lost a battery bank before I found out there was a hole.

I tried sewing it before using zip ties, on one side that held perfectly, and is still goin strong, but the other strap just about killed itself.

I tried sewing it before using zip ties, on one side that held perfectly, and is still goin strong, but the other strap just about killed itself.

Lol RIP

Functionally wise my backpack is still perfectly fine. And I absolutely love the form factor, its perfect for me. Its really compact but still fits everything I need perfectly, like a cozy mITX build. I only need a new one because I don't exactly want to be wearing a backpack like that to school in senior year after this summer xD

"Rawr XD"

Was going to recommend a generic ~30€ day pack like Mil-Tec Assault pack (20L, black), but as you said that not too many pockets... Maybe not. But still dropping it here. As I mentioned, it's not particularly expensive, and it has lasted with me well over a year. It has 2 large pockets that can fit stuff like books or other similar items of the same form factor. The largest pocket accepts a 15" laptop, and a few schoolbooks as well, and the 2nd largest one fits at least a 10" tablet nicely, along with some more small stuff like notes, calendar etc.. It does have quite a few small pockets though, and can accept even more additional pouches because of the PALS webbing on the backpack; it can also accept at least some ALICE and MOLLE pouches as well, but I guess you're not into too many pockets as you said, so you'll probably not gonna look into additional pockets.

There are many makers for these generic assault packs, and they are cheap, but surprisingly rigid for the money. But for actually good quality stuff you should be dropping more into a backpack. As I mentioned, I have used mine in high school for over a year, still as good as new, but now it has been left unused in favor of a cheap laptop bag.

mil-tec_us_assault_pack_large_black_amaz

Never trust my advice. Only take any and all advice from me with a grain of salt. Just a heads up.

Herschel Pop Quiz?

Asus MAXIMUS VII Gene 2 x 8GB G.Skill 16GB 1600 Mhz Intel 4670k @ 4.3 Ghz Corsair H100i w/ stock fans EVGA GTX 770 SC Intel 750 Series SSD 240GB, Samsung 840 SSD 240GB WD Caviar Green 2TB Seasonic X-650 V3 2 x 140 mm Noctua A14 PPC, 120mm LED Corsair AF120

I'm following this. Broke a strap on my favorite bag, was slowing tearing for years. it fits my k70 and all of my cords as well as a laptop when I bring my portable desktop places. Looking for something to replace it. 

muh specs 

Gaming and HTPC (reparations)- ASUS 1080, MSI X99A SLI Plus, 5820k- 4.5GHz @ 1.25v, asetek based 360mm AIO, RM 1000x, 16GB memory, 750D with front USB 2.0 replaced with 3.0  ports, 2 250GB 850 EVOs in Raid 0 (why not, only has games on it), some hard drives

Screens- Acer preditor XB241H (1080p, 144Hz Gsync), LG 1080p ultrawide, (all mounted) directly wired to TV in other room

Stuff- k70 with reds, steel series rival, g13, full desk covering mouse mat

All parts black

Workstation(desk)- 3770k, 970 reference, 16GB of some crucial memory, a motherboard of some kind I don't remember, Micomsoft SC-512N1-L/DVI, CM Storm Trooper (It's got a handle, can you handle that?), 240mm Asetek based AIO, Crucial M550 256GB (upgrade soon), some hard drives, disc drives, and hot swap bays

Screens- 3  ASUS VN248H-P IPS 1080p screens mounted on a stand, some old tv on the wall above it. 

Stuff- Epicgear defiant (solderless swappable switches), g600, moutned mic and other stuff. 

Laptop docking area- 2 1440p korean monitors mounted, one AHVA matte, one samsung PLS gloss (very annoying, yes). Trashy Razer blackwidow chroma...I mean like the J key doesn't click anymore. I got a model M i use on it to, but its time for a new keyboard. Some edgy Utechsmart mouse similar to g600. Hooked to laptop dock for both of my dell precision laptops. (not only docking area)

Shelf- i7-2600 non-k (has vt-d), 380t, some ASUS sandy itx board, intel quad nic. Currently hosts shared files, setting up as pfsense box in VM. Also acts as spare gaming PC with a 580 or whatever someone brings. Hooked into laptop dock area via usb switch

I love my Herschel bag. It was pricey but it has held up well my 2 years of college.