Good Book

xrex64

I'm looking for a good book to read. Name anything you thought was outstanding. I've tried googling this but only clickbait crap came up. Thanks.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

What genre do you prefer?

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

What genre do you prefer?

I'm open to anything but romance pretty much.

"When in doubt, don't take your wallet out." - Dad

† TTCF Member †

• A Wheel of Time by Robert Jordan (possibly the greatest modern literature EVER)
  • The Kingkiller Chronicle by Patrick Rothfuss
  • The Stormlight Archive by Brandon Sanderson
  • Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson
  • Malazan Book of the Fallen by Steven Erikson
  • The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien
  • + obligatory mention: A Song of Ice and Fire by George R. R. Martin (mostly due to his intricate characters and story; writing is also really good)

Some of the best right there. None of them are romance books. ;)

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

These are military fiction.

http://www.frontierssaga.com/

http://www.amazon.com/The-Frontiers-Saga-Episodes-1-3-ebook/dp/B00AVBNBHM- Check out the kindle editions there are 13 books right now.

To Honor You Call Us (Man of War Book 1) [Kindle Edition] -there are 3 books.

http://www.amazon.com/Honor-You-Call-Man-Book-ebook/dp/B00DQUKZMY/ref=sr_1_1?s=digital-text&ie=UTF8&qid=1432959332&sr=1-1&keywords=for+honor+you+call+us

Tale of two cities. A good read for any generation. :)

COMMUNITY STANDARDS   |   TECH NEWS POSTING GUIDELINES   |   FORUM STAFF

LTT Folding Users Tips, Tricks and FAQ   |   F@H & BOINC Badge Request   |   F@H Contribution    My Rig   |   Project Steamroller

I am a Moderator, but I am fallible. Discuss or debate with me as you will but please do not argue with me as that will get us nowhere.

Spoiler

Character is like a Tree and Reputation like its Shadow. The Shadow is what we think of it; The Tree is the Real thing.  ~ Abraham Lincoln

Reputation is a Lifetime to create but seconds to destroy.

You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.  ~ Winston Churchill

Docendo discimus - "to teach is to learn"

CHRISTIAN MEMBER 

If you want to read about a 1947 idea of what the future would be like then read "1984".

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

a 1 time guest on the WAN show Tom Merritt does a podcast on scifi and fantasy books with interviews with authors.

my pics are 

The Martian 

The Dark Tower series by stephen king 

The Dune Series by Frank Herbert

and right now I'm about to start on Rise Of The Warrior Cop. for reasons that are obvious 

what sorta thing are you looking for non fiction or fiction?

The two books I'm reading at the moment is

What If? by Randall Munroe

and

Big Book of Numbers by Adam Spencer

Bill gates does a video on what his pick on books

Its all about those volumetric clouds

You want a hard book try Finnegans wake, 6 years, i have made it to the 2nd page, or comprehend the two pages. This one of the hardest books to read, just utter crazy talk.

Haunted: about writers who lock themselfs away underground for a month and well chaos ensues. Kinda only the strong survive mentally developes but, you do it to yourself mostly. Very good book, highly recommend.

Fierce invailds from hot climates: great fun read. All i will say is, send in the clowns.

what sorta thing are you looking for non fiction or fiction?

the big book of numbers looks neat. How is it?

the big book of numbers looks neat. How is it?

its a good read, some of its abit heavy if your not fully into mathematics. But overall its really good

It has a Cheat chapter in the back to help with things too

Its all about those volumetric clouds

To Kill A Mocking Bird by Haprper Lee 

The Little Prince by Saint-Euxeory ( God I can't spell his name ) 

Those are the books I've read . I know it's generic to some people but it's really good ... 

... Life is a game and the checkpoints are your birthday , you will face challenges where you may not get rewarded afterwords but those are the challenges that help you improve yourself . Always live for tomorrow because you may never know when your game will be over ... I'm totally not going insane in anyway , shape or form ... I just have broken English and an open mind ... 

I you are intersted in music and/or subcultures, I can recommend Lords of Chaos and Choosing Death. Both of them are really well researched, and they are well written.

For fiction books I can recommend Cloud Atlas, 1984, A Clockwork Orange, The Brothers Karamazov, Lolita, and The Stranger.

Nova doctrina terribilis sit perdere

Audio format guides: Vinyl records | Cassette tapes