Corsair K95, k70 razer blackwidow chroma and other rgb mechanical keyboards, i need to pick one

QuitDog141
Go to solution Solved by ImBleu,

I have a K70 RGB (w/ browns) and I love it, the software is very nice for corsair as well with several pre-designed settings to cycle through if you want, or per-key backlighting / speed adjustments and when you dig a little deeper you can do everything with it. Not to mention downloading themes off the corsair forums for other lighting modes.

Razer's software side is quite good and corsair doesn't lag that far behind, but Corsair is miles ahead in build quality.

so a few days ago i split fanta all over my keyboard (black widow ultimate 2013) when playing battlefield. and i unplugged it and tried cleaning it a few times, even cleaned the pcb, but now the keys are very sticky and sometimes the keyboard randomly types stuff or goes full retard.

so, as the title says i am searching for a new mech keyboard,    i mainly play fps games

1. so i though of the black widow chroma, they have there own razer keys, but can someone tell me if the keys are made in china or Germany. if the keys are made in china, i wont buy it  but choose either k95 or k70

2.  im wondering if the software to customize the corsair keyboards is like razer synapse, so am i able to customize the led on the keyboard, can they be synchronized or like in a pattern ( something like the picture)

and finally what are your personal opinions of these keyboards                (sorry for my bad English, also price does not matter)

post-42088-0-74516400-1432905483.png

i have a black widow chroma and the keys are made by kail in china also i would not recommend this keyboard to anyone Had to RMA it twice

My Personal PC 'Apex' https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/user/LiamBetts123/saved/3rTNnQ

Intel Core i9 9900k, ASUS Z390-A, RTX 2080TI, Meshify C, HX 850i, 32GB Gskill Trident Z RGB @ 3200MHZ, 500GB NVME, 500GB SSD & 2 x 4TB Baracudas 

k70 

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

so a few days ago i split fanta all over my keyboard (black widow ultimate 2013) when playing battlefield. and i unplugged it and tried cleaning it a few times, even cleaned the pcb, but now the keys are very sticky and sometimes the keyboard randomly types stuff or goes full retard.

so, as the title says i am searching for a new mech keyboard,

1. so i though of the black widow chroma, they have there own razer keys, but can someone tell me if the keys are made in china or Germany. if the keys are made in china, i wont buy it  but choose either k95 or k70

2.  im wondering if the software to customize the corsair keyboards is like razer synapse, so am i able to customize the led on the keyboard, can they be synchronized or like in a pattern ( something like the picture)

and finally what are your personal opinions of these keyboards                (sorry for my bad English, also price does not matter)

attachicon.gifconfigurator.png

Keys are made in china, get a corsair board. The software is still good and the boards are just better in general

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

Honestley if money does not matter then I would get the K95 as it has proper key switches all though I would wait to see what this corsair bulldog thing is.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

hate the chromas keys, and because it doesn't have a wrist rest

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

ABSOLUTLY NOT THE CHROMA! Razer's customer support is terrible, its been 21 days since the start of the rma for my 2 month old chroma( they only give you 30days) and I just recived the shipping label for it to be sent in. The keyboard is nice but the switches are the biggest issue, I had ghosting within the 2nd week of owning it. My 'E' key on it became linear instead of having any tactile respons on it. The switches on my num pad on it are very squeaky. 

|King Of The Lost|
Project Dark: i7 7820x 5.1GHz | X299 Dark | Trident Z 32GB 3200MHz | GTX 1080Ti Hybrid | Corsair 760t | 1TB Samsung 860 Pro | EVGA Supernova G2 850w | H110i GTX
Lava: i9 12900k 5.1GHz (Undervolted to 1.26v)| MSI z690 Pro DDR4| Dominator Platnium 32GB 3800MHz| Power Color Red Devil RX 6950 XT| Seasonic Focus Platnium 850w| NZXT Kraken Z53
Unholy Rampage: i7 5930k 4.7GHz 4.4 Ring| X99 
Rampage|Ripjaws IV 16GB 2800 CL13| GTX 1080 Strix(Custom XOC Signed BIOS) | Seasonic Focus Platinum 850w |H100i v2 
Revenge of 775: Pentium 641 | Biostar TPower i45| Crucial Tracer 1066 DDR2 | GTX 580 Classified Ultra | EVGA 650 BQ | Noctua NH D14

ok, so i guess ill choose the k95, but im still wondering, how similar is the key customization?  (referring to the image)   (not important but i live in australia so we get 2 years warranty and if anything goes wrong, we get full refund or replacement)

I have a K70 RGB (w/ browns) and I love it, the software is very nice for corsair as well with several pre-designed settings to cycle through if you want, or per-key backlighting / speed adjustments and when you dig a little deeper you can do everything with it. Not to mention downloading themes off the corsair forums for other lighting modes.

Razer's software side is quite good and corsair doesn't lag that far behind, but Corsair is miles ahead in build quality.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

And my Final 2 question, how quiet are the cherrymx reds, (i got the blues which are the loudest)   can you hear any click with reds? i dont mind if it does or dosnt

and will i be getting it with the corsair gaming logo or the good original one

And my Final 2 question, how quiet are the cherrymx reds, (i got the blues which are the loudest)   can you hear any click with reds? i dont mind if it does or dosnt

and will i be getting it with the corsair gaming logo or the good original one

Reds are linear so no tactile bump and no click noise. It's just the same force from start to end of the travel.

and not much noise if you don't bottom out. However, since it's very light you'll likely be bottoming out a lot and the clack could be quite loud, depending on how hard you type.

Some outlets will say "Sail Logo" otherwise likely the new one if nothing is mentioned. And I believe now pretty much all RGBs are the new ones. Still don't quite get behind the whole logo fuss though, and at this point i'm too afraid to ask why.