Gaming/School PC Build

anymore u guys wanna suggest for my build? just wonderin

64 gb of ram?

raid 6 of 5 individual 6 tb drives

xD

18 core exon?

watercool?

oh god no :o , i'm not aiming my pc build that "high". just wanna a high-end (not extreme) pc build that'll last bout 3 years-ish when playing games at 1440p max settings. so yea, soz but appreciate ur opinions though.  :)

64 gb of ram?

raid 6 of 5 individual 6 tb drives

xD

ugh...too much for my build. gonna be having crap load of debts soon. lol

Play? Yes. Quiet? No...

Just a guy who peaked at building back in the days of the GTX 980. If you see me here, assume i have technical knowledge akin to a committed hobbyist builder back then. If something's changed, you'll need to tell me(nicely plz). I'm probably asking for help with the modern build scene since I have no clue what's going on.

Can this PC build be able to do school work and play games at max settings quietly

-SSD= Samsung 850 Pro 128GB

-CPU= Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0 GHz

-HDD= WD Black 4TB

-GPU= PALIT GTX 980 Super Jetstream 4GB

-MOBO= MSI Z97 GAMING 7 ATX LGA1150

-CASE= Fractal Design Define R5

-PSU= EVGA SuperNOVA 550W GS

-RAM= Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB

-CPU COOLER= CRYORIG R1 Ultimate

Hey specops01,

This build should handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I would consider a 600W-650W PSU in order to have room for future upgrades (possibly a second GPU). 
If you are using the HDD for simple storage and want a more quiet build, I could recommend checking out WD Green drives (if you don't need fast access times for the things on the HDD). Here's a link: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=khJUim

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Hey specops01,

This build should handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I would consider a 600W-650W PSU in order to have room for future upgrades (possibly a second GPU). 

If you are using the HDD for simple storage and want a more quiet build, I could recommend checking out WD Green drives (if you don't need fast access times for the things on the HDD). Here's a link: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=khJUim

Captain_WD.

Thanks for the suggestion man. Appreciate it. :)

If you are not overclocking, you REALLY don't need a K-series CPU. That'll save you a bit and maybe head for a 256GB SSD instead. Also what resolution/framerate is your monitor? If it's 1080p, 60Hz, a 980 is really unnecessary, just go with a 970 for AAA titles or even a 960 will do you fine for easy to run games like TF2, LoL, etc

• 2 weeks later...

Oh guys, need help again. I made some slight changes to my 1440p gaming max settings/school PC build. Here's the PC list and what are your thoughts? Btw, I will not link each of the PC parts because I live nearby to various PC stores. Also, having problem with the choice of these two PSUs, so yea...need help. Thanks in advance.

CPU- Intel 4790K 4.0 GHz

CPU COOLER- Cryorig R1 Ultimate

MOBO- MSI Z97A Gaming 7

RAM- Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB

GPU- Gigabyte GeForce GTX 980 Ti G1 Gaming SOC

HDD- WD Black 4TB

SSD- Samsung 850 Pro 256GB

PSU- EVGA SuperNOVA 750G2 or 650GS

CASE- FRACTAL DESIGN R5