Will my PSU be enough ?

Killek98

I built a new system with an i5 4690k no overclocks yet , corsair cx600 watt psu and a gtx650 im going to buy the gtx 970 tomorrow and i dont know if there is going to be enough power for all the components.

I have a molex-> 6pin attatched to the 650 and i will use the other 6 + 8pin cables or the 970 . My plan is to use the 970 purely for graphics (I also have in mind to overclock the 970 and the CPU) rendering and the 650 for physx processing. I will not overclock the 650.

Is a setup like this possible ? Will there be enough power ?

Thanks for the help :)

It will be enough, but I wouldn't recommend using the 650 for physx, because it will most likely not increase performance by much and can actually decrease performance in some games.

GPU: Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming CPU: i5-4570 RAM: 2x4gb Crucial Ballistix Sport 1600Mhz Motherboard: ASRock Z87 Extreme3 PSU: EVGA GS 650 CPU cooler: Be quiet! Shadow Rock 2 Case: Define R5 Storage: Crucial MX100 512GB

I built a new system with an i5 4690k no overclocks yet , corsair cx600 watt psu and a gtx650 im going to buy the gtx 970 tomorrow and i dont know if there is going to be enough power for all the components.

I have a molex-> 6pin attatched to the 650 and i will use the other 6 + 8pin cables or the 970 . My plan is to use the 970 purely for graphics (I also have in mind to overclock the 970 and the CPU) rendering and the 650 for physx processing. I will not overclock the 650.

Is a setup like this possible ? Will there be enough power ?

It's possible and you will have enough power, but don't do it. The 650 is not powerful enough as a PhysX card for a 970 and will actually bottleneck it, causing even worse performance then if you just let the 970 do both graphics and PhysX calculations.

"Rawr XD"