Best 2.1 speakers under $200

BananaNinja

What is the best set of speakers under $200

also if you have a Razer Leviathan, please tell me your experience

Helpful optimist by day, Troll by night

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

i love my Harmon kardon soundsticks

also check out the logitech z623 and klipshe promedia

there are some other great speaker options at that price, but if you want a plug and play off the shelf 2.1 system those are decent

dont buy razer speakers

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

5.1?, 2.1?, this may seem like a 'common sense' thing for us to know...but your asking advice for a budget, but not stating your needs.

What type of quality are you figuratively expecting (audiophile?), what listening devices do you currently use, do you only plan on using them for one source, or music/movies and gaming..?

With THOUSANDS of options in the world, helping us narrow it down helps you.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

My friend has those Leviathans and tbh they are not even that bad, although (200€ here) waaay too expensive for what you get. I would actually go for the Corsair sp2500, because they seem to acutally produce some midrange. I had the Z623 once, I sold them to a buddy and now everytime I visit him and he plays some music over them I am sooo glad I have sold'em ^^

If one does not fail at times, then one has not challenged himself.

Some of the options laid out below. If you like V shaped loud crisp THX sound the Z623's are stunning. They do however benefit from having a software equalizer like this to pump up the mid's slightly.

Full sheet here

5.1?, 2.1?, this may seem like a 'common sense' thing for us to know...but your asking advice for a budget, but not stating your needs.

What type of quality are you figuratively expecting (audiophile?), what listening devices do you currently use, do you only plan on using them for one source, or music/movies and gaming..?

With THOUSANDS of options in the world, helping us narrow it down helps you.

umm yeah okay!

so basically I need a set of compact speakers, dont take too much room

basically I'm looking at 2.1 or a soundbar and not something which has a ton of speakers like 5.1 or 7.1

and they must sound good, I'm not an audiophile so some slack can be cut but they should sound good and rumble my body to my hearts content 

Every second video I unsub from Linus cos he tells me to hit the subscribe button on each video!!!

The logitech z623 worth of price also subwoofer is huge, and provides a nice, rich, bass sound also good clarity of the bass can try with that.

If you are in the US I would suggest checking this out. I also did a post about making a 2.1 system for under $200.

Internets Machine: Intel 4690k w/ Be Quiet! Pure Rock 4.7Ghz. MSI Krait z97. 16GB Crucial Ballistix Sport Ram. MSI GTX 970 SLI 1520mhz. 500GB Samsung EVO 840  & 3TB WD Blue Drive. Rosewill 1000w Modular PSU. Corsair Air 540

My Beats Yo: Desktop:SMSL SA-160 Amp, KEF Q100 w/ Dayton 100w Sub Theater: Micca MB42X-C x3, MB42X x2, COVO-S x2 w/Dayton 120w Sub Headphones:  HIFiMan HE-400i, PSB M4U2, Philips Fidelio X2, Modded Fostex T50RP, ATH-M50, NVX XPT100, Phillips SHP9500, Pioneer SE-A1000, Hyper X Cloud 1&2, CHC Silverado, Superlux 668B

If you are in the US I would suggest checking this out. I also did a post about making a 2.1 system for under $200.

ahh sweet good post

The Z313 works really good for me. I haven't experienced much in high end audio stuff but it seems similar to my Celica with the "premium 8 speaker system (with amp)" and maybe slightly worse than a new Chrysler T&C. The bass is good. That's a good option if you actually have something else to spend money on. If you just have $200 that you want to throw at getting the best speakers you can, Z313 probably isn't it.

G3258 @ 4.5 | 8GB Team Vulcan RAM | 128GB Kingston V300 SSD (I didn't know what I was doing when I bought it) | MSI H81I Motherboard | Corsair H55 with Noctua NF-P12 | EVGA SSC GTX 960 4GB | OCZ 550W Fully Modular PSU with Noctua NF-A14 | Cooler Master Elite 130 (Soon to be something cool)