Best way to sell 30x 3TB used HDDs?

ChineseChef

Yah, backblaze is a horrible source.  Their "testing" methodology is the worst possible and has been debunked numerous times.  As I stated, I have 24 Seagate drives, none have died.  Yet I have lost a WD and a Toshiba.  If Seagate had even half the failure rate that backblaze shows on a global level, they would be out of business because no one would buy from them.

That backblaze graph shows a 40% failure rate.  40% would end Seagate as a company; no OEM or major buyer would want to associate with them.  The reason backblaze has such high failure rates is their badly designed units (high drive count with high vibration and heat) combined with using the absolute cheapest CONSUMER grade drives in the most intensive ENTERPRISE environments.

You aren't allowed to buy the cheapest tires available, and then complain that they don't hold up on the race track at top speeds in your performance car.

I know of the environment they are used in, but others have the same problems with the drives being used in significantly better environments.

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

I plan to upgrade my current mass storage, so I can have less drives.  I want to go to 6tb or 8tb (most likely the 8tb), but have no idea on the best way to recoup some money on my current drives.  I currently have 30x 3TB drives of mixed ages.  I figured I could just sell off my 3TB drives for like $50 each, which would cover about half of my upgrade costs.

My issue is, where would I even sell that many drives?  And is $50 too much to ask?

All the drives currently work just fine, my goal is simply to decrease total drive count.  So how would you guys sell them off, or what would you do with them?

It they are Seagate 3TB drives, the bin is round the back.

• 2 weeks later...

if you want to sell some hit me up as I would be interested obviously as long as the price reflects the fact that they are used