The Wan Show (something to be added)

Youssef Medhat
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

Interesting idea. We will consider it but still not sure.

Why is it called the "Wan" show though?

CoolerMaster CM 690 II Basic | Intel i7-2600 | CoolerMaster Hyper 212+ 2x Zotac GTX 1070 AMP! Edition

Asus P8Z77-V LK | 2 x 4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1600MHz CL9 | SeaSonic M12ii 850W 80+ Bronze Crucial M4 128GB

i see you also enjoy starecat

Except mines cooler than yours...lol

Actually, when is next live stream, i am disordered in time ! xD

this went from a suggestion for a 5 minute break to a discussion about pee buckets. gg

AMD Phenom II x4 955 - Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3 - XFX HD7870 CORE - 60 GB OCZ Agility 3 - 1 TB Western Digital Green - 1 TB Hitachi DeskStar

OCZ ModXstream 600W - 16 GB Corsair XMS3 - Cooler Master HAF 912 Plus - Logitech G110 - Speedlink Kudos - Sennheiser HD 518

Steam The reason I am still alive Dark Theme

Why is it called the "Wan" show though?

weekly analysis and news

this went from a suggestion for a 5 minute break to a discussion about pee buckets. gg

lol yeah :D

5 mins would be good. Maybe play some ads or music. I end up having to watch the archive because something always pops up.

yea music is cool too :D yeah i hate going back to the archive to watch the 5mins i missed x@ xD :D

Actually, when is next live stream, i am disordered in time ! xD

every friday www.twitch.tv/linustech bookmark it :P leave it on the whole day @Friday95@

I watch it on YouTube the next couple days, though it is a good idea

Totally agree with this. Add ads in that 5 mins, so that you can gain extra revenue.

Voted yes.

Sidenote: My childish nature always makes me read: The WANG show.

Voted yes.

Sidenote: My childish nature always makes me read: The WANG show.

the wang hahahahaahahhaahhahaahhhahahahaha xD :D

Yeah, you can use the break time for ads? Wouldn't mind taking a bathroom break.

Definitely, a break would only benefit to the audiences concentration I think. Also as stated above you can use the pause to run a couple of ads and rack in a little extra revenue, I doubt anyone will mind.

I was just about to make a thread exactly like this. I think it's a great idea.

I want to be able to pee. Linus vs. donger. Linus wins with pain :P

Personal Build Project "Rained-On"

helped building up the CPU Overclocking Database and GPU Overclocking Database, check them out ;)

#KilledMyWife #MakeBombs #LinusIsNotFunny || Please, dont use non-default grey font colors. Think about the night-theme users! ;)

The twitter blitzes are good enough for breaks and they are long enough to get food/go to the bathroom. If there's something that's so super important that you can't risk leaving the computer for 5 minutes, the WAN show archives are uploaded usually within 24 hours. A 5 minute pause halfway just for a pee break doesn't make sense seeing that not everyone in the world needs to go to the bathroom at the same time (though, according to most of the posts in this thread I could be wrong?). Preparing food also might take more than 5 minutes, so people getting food might still miss bits of the show.

I'm thinking a 5 minute break would make some people tune out and/or some people will come back too late anyway. It serves no purpose unless Linus wants to run a few more ads.

Unless all 2000+ viewers were caught off guard and didn't know that the WAN show is scheduled every Friday at 23:30 GMT (and they also happened to be starving and had to go the bathroom), I think you have time to get your things together.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

The twitter blitzes are good enough for breaks to get food/go to the bathroom. If there's something that's so super important that you can't risk leaving the computer for 5 minutes, the WAN show archives are uploaded usually within 24 hours. A 5 minute pause halfway just for a pee break doesn't make sense seeing that not everyone in the world needs to go to the bathroom at the same time (though, according to most of the posts in this thread I could be wrong?). Preparing food also might take more than 5 minutes, so people getting food might still miss bits of the show.

I'm thinking a 5 minute break would make some people tune out and/or some people will come back too late anyway. It serves no purpose unless Linus wants to run a few more ads.

Unless all 2000+ viewers were caught off guard and didn't know that the WAN show is scheduled every Friday at 23:30 GMT (and they also happened to be starving and had to go the bathroom), I think you have time to get your things together.

well i don't know about you but every wan show i have the problem of going to the bathroom / hungry need to make a fast sandwich / make a phone call and so  5mins won't actually hurt  - they took today more than 10 mins fixing razer comms live - no one tuned out xD and i mean really only hard core fans go watch the wan show none of them would leave if he made a 5mins break ! :D

I keep thinking about this every time I watch the show live! Either my drink runs out or I have to use the bathroom or I get really hungry. Waiting until they finish a two hour show drives me insane! When the WAN show ends I book it and get my food and drink and run back for the after party every time. :P

Case-NZXT H440 | Motherboard-Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H | RAM-Kingston HyperX Blue 2x8GB 1600MHz | CPU-Intel 3770K @ 4.3GHz at 1.215v | Heatsink-Coolermaster Hyper212 Evo | GPU-EVGA GTX660 SC | SSD-MX200 250GB | HDD-Seagate Barracuda 3TB | PSU-EVGA GS650

Mouse-Logitech G600 | Keyboard-Ducky Shine 3 MX Blue. white backlight | Headphones-Audiotechnica ATH-M50s. Beyerdynamic DT990

people can watch the archive if they miss anything. asking linus to stop the stream just so a bunch of babies can take a potty break is absurd. grow up people.

i bet you that all the people asking for a break are 10 year old kids.

well i don't know about you but every wan show i have the problem of going to the bathroom / hungry need to make a fast sandwich / make a phone call and so  5mins won't actually hurt  - they took today more than 10 mins fixing razer comms live - no one tuned out xD and i mean really only hard core fans go watch the wan show none of them would leave if he made a 5mins break ! :D

Will an arbitrarily placed 5 minute break really take care of your individual needs though? You wouldn't know exactly when it is, but you'd still hold in your urge to go to the bathroom/make a sandwich/make a call until then? The topics in the WAN show are usually news threads already posted here. So when they give you the headline and a general outline, you can decide for yourself if it is worth missing 5-10 minutes of that discussion and then when you come back, you can still enjoy the show. Later, you can read up on the forum or check out the video archive on youtube.

Again, they already do twitter blitzes very often so that should allow you to get up and do whatever it is you need to do--unless you're super focused on very random but very specific tech questions from twitter.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

I hate missing the stream cause of work
just quit then. Nothing's more important than the Van Show.

people can watch the archive if they miss anything. asking linus to stop the stream just so a bunch of babies can take a potty break is absurd. grow up people.

am  18 and am not ready to piss my self :3 sorry for that :D

yeah but a break could have Linus put on ads which would give him monies. More monies = More vids. You should've thought about that.

Will an arbitrarily placed 5 minute break really take care of your individual needs though? You wouldn't know exactly when it is, but you'd still hold in your urge to go to the bathroom/make a sandwich/make a call until then? The topics in the WAN show are usually news threads already posted here. So when they give you the headline and a general outline, you can decide for yourself if it is worth missing 5-10 minutes of that discussion and then when you come back, you can still enjoy the show. Later, you can read up on the forum or check out the video archive on youtube.

Again, they already do twitter blitzes very often so that should allow you to get up and do whatever it is you need to do--unless you're super focused on very random but very specific tech questions from twitter.

what if i had a question in the twitter blitz ? - and sir you can check the voting bar - i only said my opinion and asked people for their opinion and as i can see lots of people agree sir :D thank you for your opinion btw have a nice day