The Wan Show (something to be added)

Youssef Medhat
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

Interesting idea. We will consider it but still not sure.

I have to not drink water all day friday just to make it through the stream.

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

I have to not drink water all day friday just to make it through the stream.

xD with a break u can have your water sir :D

xD with a break u can have your water sir :D

Water!

Life is pain. Anyone who says any different is either selling something or the government.

----CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.2ghz----COOLER: Hyper 212 EVO----MOBO: MSI 970A-G46----PSU: OCZ 600watt----CASE: Black Corsair C70----GPU: Sapphire 7870 dual fan ghz edtion----2 random HDD'S----A couple fans here and there. Mouse: Gigabyte M6900-------Keyboard: Logitech G105-----Mousepad: Steel series something something.

i only said my opinion and asked people for their opinion and as i can see lots of people agree sir

I'm not trying to single you out, but I'm trying to point out that not everyone is going to have to go to the bathroom (or get up and do something else for 5 minutes) at the same exact time. That being said, what will a randomly placed 5 minute break accomplish? A majority of viewers would be forced to sit through ads or tune out, while others get up to go do something else and possibly come back late to miss parts of the show anyway.

Build Logs

Project "Oh No" | Ice Pack | Secondhand | MicroP

* I have to not drink water all day * ?

???? I was just exclaiming my happiness that I can have water now.

catbutts, on 27 Jul 2013 - 4:36 PM, said:

I'm not trying to single you out, but I'm trying to point out that not everyone is going to have to go to the bathroom (or get up and do something else for 5 minutes) at the same exact time. That being said, what will a randomly placed 5 minute break accomplish? A majority of viewers would be forced to sit through ads or tune out, while others get up to go do something else and possibly come back late to miss parts of the show anyway.

You could say the same thing about intermissions, not useful right? But every concert, show, or opera that I've been to that's long enough has a few minutes intermission in the middle. The concession stands are always full, and there are always lines for the bathrooms. The thing about a snack or bathroom break urge is that they aren't things that need to be satisfied at the exact moment they arise or not at all. We can't control when we have an urge or if we need something, but more often than not we can choose when to deal with it (within a range of time), and a designated break or intermission is ideal for everyone who has something they are putting off for a more convenient time. And if you're smart you can anticipate future urges for the latter half of the show and get a glass of water during the ad break in case you get thirsty or something :)

You could say the same thing about intermissions, not useful right?  But every concert, show, or opera that I've been to that's long enough has a few minutes intermission in the middle.  The concession stands are always full, and there are always lines for the bathrooms.  The thing about a snack or bathroom break urge is that they aren't things that need to be satisfied at the exact moment they arise or not at all.  We can't control when we have an urge or if we need something, but more often than not we can put them off until there's a more ideal opportunity to take care of it (such as a halfway break or intermission).  And if you're smart you can anticipate future urges and get a glass of water during the ad break in case you get thirsty or something :)

You make a very good point, a lot of people will need this break so they don't miss anything. 

5 Mins is great!

Just enough time to kill my wife

#killedmywife

Oh. But how long to hide the body?

Oh. But how long to hide the body?

I'll do that during the break for the Afterparty.

???? I was just exclaiming my happiness that I can have water now.

ahh okay :D

If I ever had to leave, I'd just replay the part that I missed. You could also go to the bathroom before the livestream starts since you know when it will.

5 Mins is great!

Just enough time to kill my wife

#killedmywife

hahahahahahahahaha :D

If I ever had to leave, I'd just replay the part that I missed. You could also go to the bathroom before the livestream starts since you know when it will.

wan show start - no time to see where are you in the stream or how long it been i won't really calculate or fouce when the stream started and when i left and when i came back to the archive and search for this moment and watch it they will make money from the  5 mins adds it's good for them and us why not and really no one can controll when he want to go to the bath but we can hold it :D

wan show start - no time to see where are you in the stream or how long it been i won't really calculate or fouce when the stream started and when i left and when i came back to the archive and search for this moment and watch it they will make money from the  5 mins adds it's good for them and us why not and really no one can controll when he want to go to the bath but we can hold it :D

Then go 15-30 minutes before the stream. If they can't hold it in long enough, they may have a bladder problem.

In the worst case scenario, you can watch it once it's posted. It also has timestamps so you'll save a lot of time if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

Then go 15-30 minutes before the stream. If they can't hold it in long enough, they may have a bladder problem.

In the worst case scenario, you can watch it once it's posted. It also has timestamps so you'll save a lot of time if you don't want to watch the whole thing.

so okay i come back from work stream start no time to go to the bath i can hold it for 1 hour let's say won't the 5mins help me ? their are billions of stiuations where the 5mins would help :D

No breaks are needed. The current format works great.

There are already 2 breaks in the shows the way I watch and many others as well.

Order of events:

I show up to the WAN show about a half hour before it officially starts. During that time sit there, read through spammed twitch chat.

Show begins either on time, or nearly on time.

Except it's not the show. It's the pre-show visual audio check. This lets you know everything is about to begin, essentially the same as when the lights dim at a movie theater and the trailers start.

5 minute break already happens here. You can be pretty certain the initial check, and switch to actual show will take 5 minutes. and you will not miss anything by walking away.

Actual show begins

1.5 - 2 Hours later, show ends and after party preparations begin. 

Oh look, another 5 minute break here.

After Party begins and lasts another 2 hours.

Overall, the current content line up does not require more than 2 hours wait before a break. If you can't wait 2 hours then you should consider getting yourself checked out. Be prepared for the WAN show and you will have no issues. Know what to expect and how long each segment is. And if you need to go for a minute, then get up and go. In the time you're gone you won't miss anything, and anything you miss you can watch later when it gets uploaded.

Intermissions are not required for this format of a show, and due to segmentation, there are already semi scheduled breaks that can be relied upon.

Imagine if when you went to the movies, every time someone had to get up, they paused the movie so that 1 out of 50 people wouldn't miss anything....

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
Users cannot, and will not securely manage key material. Most users can't and the ones that can, wont.

Ask me about Bitcoin, Litecoin, Crypto-Currencies, and/or Mining them.

so okay i come back from work stream start no time to go to the bath i can hold it for 1 hour let's say won't the 5mins help me ? their are billions of stiuations where the 5mins would help :D

Sure it can help, but for me it is actually making it worse. It's a 5 minute break that I don't need, and neither should most people if they plan accordingly.