System Recovery Options on start up [Vista]

Hey you lovely people,

A friend of mine is having some troubles with her laptop, and she asked me for help....which i have no clue about.

- So she says she gets a window on start up called "System Recovery Options" just like the image attached below, but there's no options to select (and she has Vista, not Win7)
- Then she gets a window prompting her to select drivers "Insert the installation media for the device and click OK to select driver"
- *clicks OK*
- File explorer opens at >system32 with a lot of folders named "ar-SA, Boot, caboot, cs-CZ, de-DE" etc

It is to my knowledge she can't use her laptop, as in she can't just minimise the window and pretend nothing is happening.
She recently had to do one of those 'restore back to xx/xx/2015 when the computer was fine and not being shitty' sort of things, if that matters. Seems to be a bit of OS issues for a while.

Any help would be amazing! Thank you for reading <3

post-185832-0-86324000-1432716360.jpg

Sounds like its not detecting the OS correctly. Even though there is nothing to select in the window, you can often press next to get to the advanced options anyways and get a CMD. You cannot "ignore" it so to speak as your booted into the recovery OS. What happens if she restarts and selects to boot to Windows normally? 

System/Server Administrator - Networking - Storage - Virtualization - Scripting - Applications

Thanks for the reply man :)

She says:

-it can only boot in recovery mode

- she can see advanced options but nothing works (can't detect system)