CS:GO 250-300 steady FPS PC config

huku_steam
Go to solution Solved by huku_steam,

when min 70 fps is too low....Ha wow.

1000 Euros is like so fucking overkill for csgo. However if you will be gaming create a thread asking what is the best setup for 1000 Eu.

Maybe that's what I should do. 

Thanks a lot for all answers, guys. Going to make a thread: Best gaming PC setup for 1000 euros. 

Mods, you can lock this one.

Hello guys.

I've been playing CS:GO since it was in BETA, but the problem is that my fps is too low. I'm playing with about 70-90fps. 

My PC is old enough and cant actually be updated, since my motherboard says so.

Here are my current PC specs:

Motherboard:Gigabyte EP-45-DS3 
RAM: 2x2GB DDR2 800MHz Supertalent 
VGA: Sapphire HD4780 1GB GDDR5 
CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q9300: 2.5 GHz 
Power: Chieftek 650W 

My question is: What PC config should I get in order to have between 250 and 300 steady FPS. Note that my budget is 1000 euros? 

Thanks a lot in advance

... We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the benefit of the ungrateful. We have so much with so little for such a short time, that we are now qualified to do everything from nothing

Welcome to the Forum.

Is there anything else that you want to do with your computer?

Sig under construction.

Get a 270 and you should be fine, and a new psu

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

Welcome to the Forum.

Is there anything else that you want to do with your computer?

Thanks, Tedster. 

I would also like to stream my game. That's all. 

... We, the willing, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the benefit of the ungrateful. We have so much with so little for such a short time, that we are now qualified to do everything from nothing

My motherboard is pretty stone aged.. Not sure if I can put this 270 (what is 270 btw?) in it. 

No. Counter Strike is a heavily CPU dependent game that probably won't up his fps at all. 

You should upgrade you CPU and motherboard. Buy the Pentium G3258 and a working inexpensive motherboard and you should be fine OP.

"If you do not take your failures seriously you will continue to fail"

@huku_steam

You don't need a €1000 to get what you need. Update your GPU to something a little more modern and that should do the trick.

If you want a new rig, well that is a different story.

Rig: i7 2600K @ 4.2GHz, Larkooler Watercooling System, MSI Z68a-gd80-G3, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHz CL9, Gigabyte GTX 670 Windforce 3x 2GB OC, Samsung 840 250GB, 1TB WD Caviar Blue, Auzentech X-FI Forte 7.1, XFX PRO650W, Silverstone RV02 Monitors: Asus PB278Q, LG W2243S-PF (Gaming / overclocked to 74Hz) Peripherals: Logitech G9x Laser, QPad MK-50, AudioTechnica ATH AD700

My motherboard is pretty stone aged.. Not sure if I can put this 270 (what is 270 btw?) in it.

A 270 is a graphics cards, you would take out your current one and put the 270 in and you'll have a huge boost in performance. A config isn't going to boost you up to 300 fps.

Guys, maybe I forgot to say, but I'm going to retire this PC completely. So I will need a good config for 1000euros for CS:GO : ) I plan to give this PC to my parents : )

Guys, maybe I forgot to say, but I'm going to retire this PC completely. So I will need a good config for 1000euros for CS:GO : ) I plan to give this PC to my parents : )

1000 Euros is like so fucking overkill for csgo. However if you will be gaming create a thread asking what is the best setup for 1000 Eu.

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Why do you need 250-300 FPS?

If you have a 60hz monitor, 60 FPS is enough.

There's no use of getting 250 FPS while you only have a 60 or 120hz monitor.

CPU: Core i5 4690k                                                   Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97M                     RAM: 16GB HyperX Fury Red                             

GPU: RX 580                                                             Storage: Sandisk Ultra II 240GB                  PSU: Seasonic M12II Evo 520W

Case: NZXT S340 red/black                                      Case lighting: NZXT Hue+                          Mouse: Logitech G502

Cooling: Cooler Master Hyper212 Evo                     Operating system: Windows 10 64-bit

Why do you need 250-300 FPS?

If you have a 60hz monitor, 60 FPS is enough.

There's no use of getting 250 FPS while you only have a 60 or 120hz monitor.

It responds much faster, if you try both, you will definitly feel the difference

Intel 3570k 3,4@4,5 1,12v Scythe Mugen 3 gigabyte 770     MSi z77a GD55    corsair vengeance 8 gb  corsair CX600M Bitfenix Outlaw 4 casefans

snip

why exactly do you need 300 fps?

unless you have a 300Hz monitor, which i highly doubt

for CSGO youre fine with a  400€ PC

Sample Text ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

It responds much faster, if you try both, you will definitly feel the difference

That would be true on a 300Hz monitor...

If your game runs at 300FPS and your monitor on 60, the sent image will change 4 times without the user seeing it (therefore no chance to react).

144Hz goodness

yeah. 70 is always too low. 1000 euros is not overkill if youre playing the game at 1440p 144hz

yeah. 70 is always too low. 1000 euros is not overkill if youre playing the game at 1440p 144hz

I dont think you need 1000 to play csgo at 2k. Cmon..

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

I get around 250-300fps myself playing CS:GO on a 60hz IPS panel. 

I dont think you need 1000 to play csgo at 2k. Cmon..

1440p 144hz is demanding, and you always want the fps to be much higher than that so it doesnt drop when standing in front of a smoke. not quite 1000 but close.

1440p 144hz is demanding, and you always want the fps to be much higher than that so it doesnt drop when standing in front of a smoke. not quite 1000 but close.

Why do you keep adding the Hz lol. I still not believe that so I will search a bit.

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Maybe that's what I should do. 

Thanks a lot for all answers, guys. Going to make a thread: Best gaming PC setup for 1000 euros. 

Mods, you can lock this one.

U dont need 200-300, no monitor can display that many FPS.

My gtx 760 maxed out 1080p gets 120-200.

Better requirememt is over 100fps at any time (fully smoked screen, 32 players server).

If u have 144Hz monitor then steady 200fps i can understand :)

GTX 770 / R9 290 will do the job.

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE