Looking for a New Keyboard

So, I'm looking for a new keyboard. I currently have a G105, which is a shitty keyboard and after 6 months of use, it's starting to do some weird things. I'm looking for a new keyboard, with some features:

• Lighting
  • Mechanical
  • Numpad

For the lighting, I'd prefer to have RGB, but white reactive lights would be fine like on the Rapid-i.

I've never used a mechanical keyboard before, so I'm not sure what switch I prefer, although I play games like Battlefield and GTA V, and I also do a lot of typing. A numpad is required as I need it for games like GTA V and I also like typing in numbers on it.

Currently my budget is < $200 US, preferably $100-150. I'm looking at maybe a K70 or a BlackWidow, but I'd like to know of any other keyboards before I buy.

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

If you don't mind the lighting being a little dimmer but better build quality I would go fot K70, K95 but if brighter lighting in a plastic body is ok then the BlackWidow

If you don't mind the lighting being a little dimmer but better build quality I would go fot K70, K95 but if brighter lighting in a plastic body is ok then the BlackWidow

Red or Brown switches?

My rig: Intel Core i7-8700K OC 4.8 | NZXT Kraken X62 | ASUS Z370-F | 16 GB Trident Z RGB 3000 (2x8) | EVGA 1070 SC | EVGA SuperNova NEX650G1 | NZXT H700 | Samsung 250GB 850-EVO | 2x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDDs 

CM Storm quickfire series (I use the TK MX Blues)

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Personally I like Browns because of the still tactile feel while quieter than blues. The Blackwidow has razer switched which sort of feel like blues

Personally I like Browns because of the still tactile feel while quieter than blues. The Blackwidow has razer switched which sort of feel like blues

Would you say that browns are hard to get used to at first, or easy?

My first mechanical keyboard had browns and I found it fairly easy to get used to granted I was 12 at the time and didn't do as much typing as now

If you are interested in RGB, I would wait until Computex is over (happens next week). There should be quite a few new RGB boards announced there as the Corsair exclusivity is ending. If you want it right now, Corsair K70 RGB is probably the best if you want real Cherry MX switches. If RGB is not that important then Ducky Shine series is pretty darn good for fancy lighting effects and superb build quality.

• 2 weeks later...

My first mechanical keyboard had browns and I found it fairly easy to get used to granted I was 12 at the time and didn't do as much typing as now

Would you say that I should buy the K70 with the Reds since it's 10% off right now, or that I should buy the Browns at $20 more?