Best way to store something?

Lolzious

Hello,

So, say I want to store something, like old family videos etc., and I never ever want to lose it. What is the most reliable storage solution? Maybe like an Enterprise SSD? Or RAID array?

RAID array or a NAS box or an external 6TB HDD

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

Hello,

So, say I want to store something, like old family videos etc., and I never ever want to lose it. What is the most reliable storage solution? Maybe like an Enterprise SSD? Or RAID array?

cloud storage is what i can think of

SSD is bad because I believe they lose memory if they are not used for an extended period of time

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Hello,

Whatever super relayable hardware you can find, it migth be crashed in a accident, hit by a lightning or stolen by aliens.

You have to store it on differned devices. I recommend at least three devices. One must be in a totaly other location. When your house burns down, you should have a backup somwere else.

I have the data on my PC, a backup in my flat and an other backup in my parents house. I use external HDDs. They are cheap and easy to handle. And yes, SSDs can loose data when not powered up for more than 3-6 month.

Mineral oil and 40 kg aluminium heat sinks are a perfect combination: 73 cores and a Titan X, Twenty Thousand Leagues Under the Oil