Best air cooler for 4770k?

S1L3nT

Best air cooler for i7 4770k on asus gryphon z87 mobo? I want it to go with the mobo plus quiet. thanks in advance.

Finishing up my build...

212+F12

My Best 2013 Bitfenix Prodigy Build  Case: Bitfenix Prodigy White | Motherboard: ASRock Z77E-ITX | CPU: Intel i7 3770k | CPU Cooler: H100i | GPU: GTX 690

Fan Controller: Bitfenix Recon | Ram: Patriot IEM 16GB @ 1600mhz | Primary Storage: 2 x Samsung 840 Pro 256GB | Backup Drives: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 2TB | PSU: Seasonic X850

Best air cooler for i7 4770k on asus gryphon z87 mobo? I want it to go with the mobo plus quiet. thanks in advance.

This

http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=34&lng=en

4770k has the same mounting as the 3770k would.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

The 212 Evo is good for very low overclocks. If you want to reach frequencies of 4.2Ghz and above without it getting very toasty I'd suggest you go with something better. The NH-D14 is still a BEAST!

What is your budget?

$30 range hyper 212 evo

$50 range phanteks pc-tc12dx or xigamatek dark night 2

$70 range U14s

over $70 be quiet dark rock pro 2

why does everyone recommend the NH-d14 the new noctua U14S and U12S has better performance?

212+F12

you want him to buy a $30 heatsink and then a $30 fan for that heatsink...........

I think something like a PH-TC12DX would give better temps for a lower price than the fan + the heatsink,and it looks better.

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

Noctua NH-D14: King of Air Coolers

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The 212 Evo is good for very low overclocks. If you want to reach frequencies of 4.2Ghz and above without it getting very toasty I'd suggest you go with something better. The NH-D14 is still a BEAST!

I was able to get my 2500k to 4.3GHz on a 212. It got to 80C on Prime95 for 10 hours, I didn't like that kind of temperature though, so I went back to stock for now hehehe.

Agreed though, if you're on a budget, 212, if you're not, get a NH-D14.

I was able to get my 2500k to 4.3GHz on a 212. It got to 80C on Prime95 for 10 hours, I didn't like that kind of temperature though, so I went back to stock for now hehehe.

Agreed though, if you're on a budget, 212, if you're not, get a NH-D14.

For sure it's an awesome cooler! My 3770k ran just fine at 4.2Ghz @ 81C but that's just way too hot for my liking. My max temp boundary is about 70C. :)