Silent mechanical keyboard suggestions

Otonel88

Hy guys. I am looking for a TKL mechanical keyboard that is very silent. I mean silent that I can type while my girl friend sleeps :D

Suggestions?

Hy guys. I am looking for a TKL mechanical keyboard that is very silent. I mean silent that I can type while my girl friend sleeps :D

Suggestions?

Get something with Cherry MX Reds, Clears or Browns and put o-rings on them. Look at the link in my sig for info on switches. Chances are you'll like one of those.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

cant you get something like an mx red keyboard and put rubber o-rings on the keys

or am i thinking of something completely different and this idea wont work?

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Get something with Cherry MX Reds, Clears or Browns and put o-rings on them. Look at the link in my sig for info on switches. Chances are you'll like one of those.

I JUST GOT SNIPED FML

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Saw something from cooleraster that is quite tempting, with brown switches, but not sure if its silent enough.

Nearly no mechanical keyboard you buy will be completely silent. Your best options are probably a keyboard with Cherry MX Clear switches with o-rings installed, or topre switches with o-rings installed. I own keyboards with brown, red, black, clear, and topre switches, and only the clear and topre keyboards get close to silent.

This is mostly because more than likely the keyboard will be loud because of you bottoming out keys.

Nearly no mechanical keyboard you buy will be completely silent. Your best options are probably a keyboard with Cherry MX Clear switches with o-rings installed, or topre switches with o-rings installed. I own keyboards with brown, red, black, clear, and topre switches, and only the clear and topre keyboards get close to silent.

This is mostly because more than likely the keyboard will be loud because of you bottoming out keys.

Cooler Master Nuova Touch TKL? Silent?

Most of the noise from mechanical keyboards come from bottoming out the keys, so if you can learn to let off the keys when they actuate, before hitting the backplate, any Cherry MX switch without the tactile click (blues, greens) should be generally "silent". Rubber o-rings help with the bottom out noise, as do sound dampening pads which are a bit more difficult to install. No matter what you do, however, it will never be quite as silent as a membrane/scissor switch keyboard.

You could also take a look at non-Cherry switches like Matias who has their own ALPS-style silent switches, or Topre (found in the CM Storm Novatouch, for example).