Is this crap?

Timopomer

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104053

is this PSU total crap, or can i pair it with some new parts (my friend wants to upgrade and a new psu will blow the budget)

I wouldn't being using it. also his budget would be even more blown if it takes out his whole system and maybe even the house.

¸„»°'´¸„»°'´ Vorticalbox `'°«„¸`'°«„¸
`'°«„¸¸„»°'´¸„»°'´`'°«„¸Scientia Potentia est  ¸„»°'´`'°«„¸`'°«„¸¸„»°'´

I would get a new one. Get one from a reliable brand. Corsair cx psu are cheap and reliable. I use them

Just because you don't care, doesn't mean other others don't. Don't be a self-centered asshole. -Thank You a PSA from the people who do not say random shit on the internet. 

You might get away with it... Although personally, i would never risk it. 

I did, my statement still stands

no,because im not cheaping out on a psu. im asking if i can use this one. i didnt intentionally buy a 5$ linksys psu for the lols

I would get a new one. Get one from a reliable brand. Corsair cx psu are cheap and reliable. I use them

lol ... you really think a Corsair CX PSU is higher in quality than this :D

Mini-Desktop: NCASE M1 Build Log
Mini-Server: M350 Build Log

that psu has only one 6-Pin PCIe connector, so you shouldn't use it with anything that needs more than one ;)

no,because im not cheaping out on a psu. im asking if i can use this one. i didnt intentionally buy a 5$ linksys psu for the lols

Yes, his statement still stands, that means you should spend more cash on a better PSU instead of cheaping out and using that one

I wouldn't risk it, get a reliable PSU.

CPU: i5-6600k @ 4.4GHz | Motherboard: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming | RAM: 8GB HyperX Fury | GPU: Asus Strix GTX 980 | Case: NZXT Noctis 450 Red/Black | Storage: 256GB Sandisk SSD + 1TB Western Digital HDD | PSU: EVGA 750w | Monitor: ASUS VS247H | CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo | Keyboard: $15 Cheapo Rubber Dome Keyboard | Mouse: Rosewill RGM-300

Linus Tech Tips Pebble (and Pebble Time) notifier watchface!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817104053

is this PSU total crap, or can i pair it with some new parts (my friend wants to upgrade and a new psu will blow the budget)

It depends what you're using it with. FSP makes somewhat decent units, they're not utter shit like Diablotek or anything. As long as you're not pulling any more then 350W or so from it for extended periods of time then it's not the end of the world. I'd happily run a 750Ti or stock speed 960 system off of it, so it would depend what new parts you'd be upgrading to.

"Rawr XD"

It's fine, not great

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

that psu has only one 6-Pin PCIe connector, so you shouldn't use it with anything that needs more than one ;)

If your GPU needs two you should be looking at more then 500W anyways

"Rawr XD"

If your GPU needs two you should be looking at more then 500W anyways

there is no single gpu card out that a QUALITY 500 watt psu can't handle ...

there is no single gpu card out that a QUALITY 500 watt psu can't handle ...

This is not a QUALITY 500 watt psu. And even with a quality one, 290/X would be cutting it a bit closer then comfort, depending on how quality is defined.

R9-290-REVIEW-2-56.jpg

"Rawr XD"

This is not a QUALITY 500 watt psu. And even with a quality one, 290/X would be cutting it a bit closer then comfort, depending on how quality is defined.

R9-290-REVIEW-2-56.jpg

nope ... those are AC loads. psus are rated DC

nope ... those are AC loads. psus are rated DC

That still doesn't answer what I said. Quality is defined in different ways. I see too many people making builds with high-end GPUs and an EVGA 500-W1, which is not appropriate, but somehow is to the many people on here who worship EVGA PSUs.

"Rawr XD"

That still doesn't answer what I said. Quality is defined in different ways. I see too many people making builds with high-end GPUs and an EVGA 500-W1, which is not appropriate, but somehow is to the many people on here who worship EVGA PSUs.

aren't evga psu s pretty good