Building new pc with old CPU. Help would be much appreciated.

NFSU

Hello everyone, 

I have a prebuild pc. Yeah, I know they're bad, but because of the launch of the Witcher 3 i'd like to build myself a new one. I have an I7-2600 in my current pc and i would like to use in the new pc. By the way, the pc is supposed to be game oriented. So far I have chosen these components and I'd like to hear what you think:

GPU: EVGA GTX 980 Superclockeed ACX 2.0

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro

PSU: Be Quiet! Power Zone 650W

SSD: ADATA SSD Premier Pro SP600S3 256GB SATA

Motherboard : Asrock Z97 PRO 4 LGA 1150

RAM: G.Skill DDR3 2x4gb ripjawsx 2400mhz cl11 (will there be any problems with compability if I use my old RAM? It's DDR3 too, but i don't know it's frequency)

CPU cooling: Thermalright HR-02 Macho Rev.B

CPU+Hard drive from old pc.

My budget is more or less like this. 

Thanks in advance for any help! 

you can't put 2600 in that motherboard. You will have to keep the motherboard from your old pc too.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Is it necessary to use old motherboard for that? It's micro ATX so it won't fit better GPU

Is it necessary to use old motherboard for that? It's micro ATX so it won't fit better GPU

well you can get another z77 motherboard

You can read in my signature what I think of 980s ;) everything else is fine except the motherboard. You can't use a 2600 in a z97 mobo. You need a motherboard with the LGA 1155 socket, but z97 uses the LGA 1150 socket. You need a p67, z68 or z77 motherboard to get the most out of your cpu. Those aren't in production anymore, so you need to look on e-bay or amazon for leftovers. z77 is the best of the 3, but either one will do.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Ty Sauron, I'll see what I can do ;) +I know that 980s are much overpriced, but i think that one 980 is better than 2 970s and if that's the fact i can spend a bit too much, because i won't be upgrading it fast anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong please because i have totally no idea if 2 970s would be better than 980. And by the way, is configuring SLI very hard to do?

And how about ram? If i have 2x4gb DDR3s with unknown frequency and i would like to use in addition 2x4gb stated above will there be any problems?