Recommended gtx970

Filmic
Go to solution Solved by GlassBomb,

I would go with EVGA for warranty reasons. Had to deal with them recently, and it went as smooth as a baby's butt. (Wait, what..?)

As a note, though. My 970 FTW replacement coil whined like a bitch out of the box. But overclocking it some fixed that issue. But I'm sure that every GTX 970 will be slightly different.

Hello i'm currently looking at a 3 different cards right now and would like some advice to which you think is the best.

(340$) Evga 970 FTW 04G-P4-2978-KR

(338$) Asus 970 Strix STRIX-GTX970-DC2OC

(325$) Gigabyte 970 Windforce GV-N970WF3OC-4GD

FTW is the fastest in terms of stock clock, but i'm hesitant since its not the +PLUS version which has a much better pcb/cooler design. FTW+ version is 400$+ for me since tales tax and don't want to spend that much.

What about the GigaByte G1 Gaming? To be honest, you could get either one and your FPS would stay relatively the same. Maybe change about 5FPS at the most between any of the card. So I would just go with the one that overclocks the best, is the most reliable, and looks the best. In my opinion that would be the G1 Gaming. I love mine and have never had a single issue with it.

RIG: CPU: i5 6600k @4.8GHz 1.34v  CPU Cooler: H100i  Motherboard: Asus Z170-AR  RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 2400 (2x8GB)

HDD: Seagate Baracuda 2TB  SSD: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB/PNY 240GB  GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970  PSU: EVGA G2 650W

Please use PcPartPicker, and paste the "BB" code when posting your build!

If it fits in your case the g1. I picked up a stix970 because o plan on sli and the second card wouldn't fit.

The Gigabyte Windforce. If you can, stretch for the G1.

Anything but the Strix is good. That thing can't overclock worth shit.

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Hello i'm currently looking at a 3 different cards right now and would like some advice to which you think is the best.

FTW is the fastest in terms of stock clock, but i'm hesitant since its not the +PLUS version which has a much better pcb/cooler design. FTW+ version is 400$+ for me since tales tax and don't want to spend that much.

G1 Gaming is the best imo, definitely worth the extra cost.

The windforce is pretty good too.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Nonononono the Strix sux dix

thanks for your glorious comment on how the asus strix is clearly an inferior card, please ellaborate with some bullet points.

(but really, i'm interested in your opinion, i can only say i have it, and i like it so far)

This calls for a poll!

Corsair 600T White | Gigabyte Z77-UD3H | Intel Core i5-2500k | 8GB Gskill Ares@1600MHz | Gigabyte G1 GTX970 | OCZ ZT 550 | Western Digital Caviar Blue 500GB | Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB (boot) | Full Custom Loop | NZXT HUE

Why everyone hatin' on the STRIX? Just because it doesn't overclock well or some bullshit like that? Go buy a factory overclocked card if you want better performance xD

#RIPTopGear  This is the best thread ever: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/53190-i-can-not-get-hard/ " French meetings are just people sitting in a semi-circle shouting at each other" -Dom Jolly  :lol:

My rig: 

CPU: Pentium G3258 @ 4.5GHz GPU: GTX 760 reference | PSU: Corsair RM750 Cooler: Cooler Master Seidon 120V | Motherboard: Gigabyte B85M D3H | Case: NZXT S340 White | RAM: 8GB EVO Potenza @ 1600MHz Storage: 3TB Seagate HDD, 60GB OCZ SSD, 620GB Toshiba HDD | Mouse: Steelseries Rival @1000 CPi |  OS: Windows 10 Pro Phone: iPhone 6S 16GB  
http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/439354-why-nvidia/

thanks for your glorious comment on how the asus strix is clearly an inferior card, please ellaborate with some bullet points.

(but really, i'm interested in your opinion, i can only say i have it, and i like it so far)

evga if you want to eventually water cool

asus for cheaper than the rest

and windforce for overclocking with an air cooler

just what i have learned also apparently evga has best warranty system

Edit buy g1 gaming if buying gigabyte

<p>Wish I could have this already!! : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/qTLRjX

why? Mine's great.

-Coil Whine seems most dominant on the Strix

-Overclocks like ASS

-Cooler is probably one of the worst

-Ugly af

-@Majestic I think he can help me

The Windforce has the best cooling so its a good option, so if you can't afford the G1 Gaming go for it. Though I will warn you that people who say the fans are silent haven't had them above 50% fan speed. Even at 34% I can just hear them over the other components in my case (the stock fan on the Seidon 120V is far from silent).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

Cheapest i can find gigabyte G1 for is 375$, think 35$ more is worth it over a evga ftw? evga comes with witcher 3/ batman and g1 doesn't

PS: California sales tax sucks

ZFDrYr2.gif

Yep, its the Gigabyte support that does. (Good cards, shitty RMA procedures and support).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

-Coil Whine seems most dominant on the Strix

-Overclocks like ASS

-Cooler is probably one of the worst

-Ugly af

-@Majestic I think he can help me

my strix is dead quiet

some people dont overclock

i havent encountered any thermal issues