7870 died to soon for long term plans :(

osbios

Well my 7870 just today started to gives me artifacts even under light load. Tried down clocking it to 1/2, but not even that helped.

The most annoying part is that it is just ~3 months out of warranty (Germany has 2 Years "warranty " for new parts)

Actually I was very happy with the performance and wanted to use it at minimum one more year before switching to something more powerful for VR.

I use a old 5770 for now and I'm not sure about my upgrade path.

The nicest price performance GPUs right now seem to be the R9 280 in the range of 180-200 €. But then just using it for ~a year and switching again seems to be a waste because I don't expect it to be useful for VR ... :(

Well my 7870 just today started to gives me artifacts even under light load. Tried down clocking it to 1/2, but not even that helped.

The most annoying part is that it is just ~3 months out of warranty (Germany has 2 Years "warranty " for new parts)

Actually I was very happy with the performance and wanted to use it at minimum one more year before switching to something more powerful for VR.

I use a old 5770 for now and I'm not sure about my upgrade path.

The nicest price performance GPUs right now seem to be the R9 280 in the range of 180-200 €. But then just using it for ~a year and switching again seems to be a waste because I don't expect it to be useful for VR ... :(

What is your PSU? it could that as well. It could be causing the issue.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | CPU Cooler: Stock AMD Cooler | Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING (WI-FI) | RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3000 CL16 | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB Zotac Mini | Case: K280 Case | PSU: Cooler Master B600 Power supply | SSD: 1TB  | HDDs: 1x 250GB & 1x 1TB WD Blue | Monitors: 24" Acer S240HLBID + 24" Samsung  | OS: Win 10 Pro

Audio: Behringer Q802USB Xenyx 8 Input Mixer |  U-PHORIA UMC204HD | Behringer XM8500 Dynamic Cardioid Vocal Microphone | Sound Blaster Audigy Fx PCI-E card.

Home Lab:  Lenovo ThinkCenter M82 ESXi 6.7 | Lenovo M93 Tiny Exchange 2019 | TP-LINK TL-SG1024D 24-Port Gigabit | Cisco ASA 5506 firewall  | Cisco Catalyst 3750 Gigabit Switch | Cisco 2960C-LL | HP MicroServer G8 NAS | Custom built SCCM Server.

Well, keep going with your 5770 and wait for the 3XX series is maybe a good idea.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Either wait for the 3xx series or buy a second hand R9 290

Recommend what is best, not what you preffer.

"Like" comments to show your support of them or the idea they express.

Cook your GPU. 

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

Make sure your PSU isn't causing the issue and work on your 5770 until the 3xx series, that's what I would do. :)

Cook your GPU. 

did this with my old hd 7850 1gb good solution might work

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

What is your PSU? it could that as well. It could be causing the issue.

500W Cooler Master iGreenPower (Rest of the system is just 4670k, 8GiB Ram, HDD and SSD)

I know there is a small chance that the PSU does not give enough power anymore. But a PSU having power fluctuations without shutting itself down seems to be unlikely.

Well, keep going with your 5770 and wait for the 3XX series is maybe a good idea.

No matter what, I'm going to wait for the 3XX release! Not going to buy a 3XX at new price. But it would make all other GPU prices to go down.

Either wait for the 3xx series or buy a second hand R9 290

Considering many r9 cards where misused in the big mining rush, I'm VERY reluctant to buy a used one.

What do you mean " misused" ?

They were running at 100% load for extended periods of time, thus degrading them