Why YouTube only uses CPU?

PlayModeOn

In Chrome, the 4k put my CPU at ~50%, in IE It was about ~18% at 4k but was not as smooth. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

What video player are you using? 1080p video should play just fine with 8350 iGPU, so that seems to be a software issue. When you have time, check if the problem persists with VLC or MPlayer.

I thought FX-8350 don't have integrated graphics (the motherboard don't have a video output, only from GPU). And yes I use VLC to play some videos, only CPU again, though not 99% this time. The amount of CPU usage depends on the quality or resolution of the video, YouTube @ 1080p is only ~30% while YouTube @ 4K is always ~99%. VLC @ 1080p is also low usage.

But anyway I am not too worried about this. This seems to be an anomaly and I plan to replace my FX-8350 with an i7 Skylake later this year, so hopefully when I change the CPU, motherboard and reinstallation of Windows 8.1 I wouldn't get this same behaviour, hopefully.

Cheers!

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU

You're right. I thought that those high numbers were from APUs.

The Chrome high CPU with 60fps 4k videos is caused by a bug (I didn't checked the cause because I don't want to recompile Chrome just to do that).

You don't really need to change your CPU to solve that, just wait for a fix, or try another browser that supports that kind of vídeo.

If you're havin problems with VLC, check if the GPU decoding option is active:

http://www.ghacks.net/2013/03/05/how-to-enable-gpu-accelerated-decoding-in-vlc/

I am replacing my FX-8350 for faster rendering, single-threaded performance, efficiency and gaming performance then I'll give my FX-8350 and motherboard to my dad who wants to build a media PC, I do have a spare R9 270X that he can use with the FX-8350.

But thanks anyway.

CPU AMD FX-8350 @ 4.0GHzCooling AMD StockMotherboard AsRock 970 Extreme4RAM 8GB (2x4) DDR3 1333MHz GPU AMD Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-XCase Fractal Define R5 Titanium 

Storage Samsung 120GB 840 EVO | PSUThermaltake Litepower 600WOS Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit

Upgrading to - Intel i7 - New motherboard - Corsair AIO H110i GT watercooler -  1000W PSU