Deleting Topics

ker2015

It has come to my attention that users cannot delete their own posts and topics on Linus Tech Tips. Do you have any opinions about this? Do you think we should be able to delete?

You can just ask the mods, they are fairly quick.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Yes.

in my opinion no we shouldnt

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

If you want your post/thread deleted, report it yourself.

I don't have much of an opinion on it..

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

in my opinion no we shouldnt

i think we should cause i often see people double posting even by accident. ...

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

i think we should cause i often see people double posting even by accident. ...

True, but it also means people can cover things up and delete evidence of stuff

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You can just ask the mods, they are fairly quick.

Yes, but we still can't delete our own stuff. If a mod doesn't want to delete something they don't have to.

^This is the exact reason why we aren't able to do it and why it won't be implemented in the future. You'll be able to say some offensive stuff and cover up your tracks by deleting it etc.

It has been addressed by the mod before.

New to Star Citizen? Look no further!

Derp, I read your post wrong.

^This is the exact reason why we aren't able to do it and why it won't be implemented in the future. You'll be able to say some offensive stuff and cover up your tracks by deleting it etc.

It has been addressed by the mod before.

What if you say that offensive stuff on accident, and don't notice?

What if you say that offensive stuff on accident, and don't notice?

yeah lets say istead of saying as you type ass. how do you delete it?

My rig:
CPU: i7 4790k @4.5ghz (1.165v) COOLER: Hyper 212 Evo  MOBO: Asus Maximus VI EXTREME   RAM: 8GB Kingston FURY @1866 Mhz   GPU: ASUS STRIX GTX 970 DUAL SLI   PSU: Corsair HX750   CASE: NZXT Phantom 830 HDD: WD Black 3TB SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 256Gb

yeah lets say istead of saying as you type ass. how do you delete it?

That could also ruin your online persona. If you were known for being kind and polite then you would not want to accidentally type (for example purposes) "fuck".

That could also ruin your online persona. If you were known for being kind and polite then you would not want to accidentally type (for example purposes) "fuck".

agreed

My rig:

and even if they did not want to add this feature a eber rating would be cool. i know xda has it :-)

My rig:

and even if they did not want to add this feature a eber rating would be cool. i know xda has it :-)

Eber rating? I'm not sure I follow. :)

Eber rating? I'm not sure I follow. :)

just go on any xda forum post and right under the profile picures they have ratings....

My rig:

just go on any xda forum post and right under the profile picures they have ratings....

Ok, so like "R" in movies?

I still have yet to see a mod DELETE a thread upon request instead of locking it..

Probably have but it passes my memory..

Well, hopefully an Admin sees this Topic and takes all views into consideration.

Ok, so like "R" in movies?

Just checked its like a thank meter...

My rig:

I doubt they will change anything as the forum works great the way it is..

its just a suggestion....

My rig:

linus could do a poll on the next WAN show to see if it is a wanted feature

My rig: