possible cables for data transfer

I recently ordered an external graphics solution from banggood.com (insert sexual innuendo here) and noticed the connector feeding data to the laptop from the external pcie slot is just an hdmi port. This got me thinking, "Would it be possible to use a regular hdmi cable to transfer data from the external pcie slot to the laptop?" Now, even with the understanding that usb 3.0 hasn't nearly enough bandwidth to shoulder pcie throughput, I would still want to know that if in theory, whether or not an hdmi cable plugged into an hdmi to usb 3.0 adapter would allow a graphics card in the external pcie slot to be recognized by the laptop. I also ask the same of an hdmi to thunderbolt implementation connected to a thunderbolt enabled device such as a macbook.

Are you sure that was HDMI and not, say, eSATA? 

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

I recently ordered an external graphics solution from banggood.com (insert sexual innuendo here) and noticed the connector feeding data to the laptop from the external pcie slot is just an hdmi port. This got me thinking, "Would it be possible to use a regular hdmi cable to transfer data from the external pcie slot to the laptop?" Now, even with the understanding that usb 3.0 hasn't nearly enough bandwidth to shoulder pcie throughput, I would still want to know that if in theory, whether or not an hdmi cable plugged into an hdmi to usb 3.0 adapter would allow a graphics card in the external pcie slot to be recognized by the laptop. I also ask the same of an hdmi to thunderbolt implementation connected to a thunderbolt enabled device such as a macbook.

That is unlikely to be HDMI, it is probably eSATA

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

That is unlikely to be HDMI, it is probably eSATA

Screenshot (10)

the port on the far left