Just wondering if this method will work

So up until now I've had a copy of windows which I pirated off utorrent. I've been running it with one of those temporary keys, and I've saved up enough money to get the actual full windows. So my question is; Do I have to wipe my drive and reinstall of a disk that comes with windows package or can I just buy a product key and put it in then continue? And what would you recommend doing? I have no problem with reinstalling all my programs and such if I wipe the drive, I just need to take the less risky route.

I'd recommend you just buy a key, and start over. For me, I've running a legitimate Windows 7 ISO, and I just used a tool to remove the Authenticator. So a very light form of pirating. That being said, when I buy Windows 8, I'm just going to start fresh. You could potentially just enter a key, but it might not function properly depending on how your crack was designed. 

Buy a key from G2A if you haven't bought it yet, it's $23

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

You don't really know if there was anything added to your Windows installation, and you can't use the checksum to verify since it's cracked. Safest route is to format and reinstall with the key.

If you go to Control Panel, System and Security and then System at the bottom it will list your product key and next to that in blue it will say Change product key.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Buy a key from G2A if you haven't bought it yet, it's $23

G2A is not legitimate. They sell a bunch of game keys that get revoked all the time. Buy them legitimately off amazon or from Microsoft directly. How do you think you can pick up W8.1 for $26 otherwise when legal version cost £74.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

G2A is not legitimate. They sell a bunch of game keys that get revoked all the time. Buy them legitimately off amazon or from Microsoft directly.

Who told you that?

Mines still working

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

G2A is not legitimate. They sell a bunch of game keys that get revoked all the time. Buy them legitimately off amazon or from Microsoft directly. How do you think you can pick up W8.1 for $26 otherwise when legal version cost £74.

I was about to buy it..... well thanks for the warning xD 

I mean if I buy a product key then how do I install windows if I wipe my drive? I think what I'm going to do is buy a cd package from amazon or microsoft its self

I mean if I buy a product key then how do I install windows if I wipe my drive? I think what I'm going to do is buy a cd package from amazon or microsoft its self

You shouldn't need to. If you get the legitimate key and change your old one it will change nothing unless you buy professional or something then it will update windows to that version though Windows Update Manager automatically. You shouldn't need to wipe your drive unless you are using a modified ISO version of Windows but I have never used one of them. Official Windows ISO's are legal to download from Windows directly http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-recovery. I have never used it though so I don't know how reliable it is. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Who told you that?

Mines still working

You might not be affected but one day when Microsoft makes it's rounds of banning keys you might get hit. It happens all the time. You will always be better off not taking the chance. There are some work around with not installing certain Windows updates but sometimes the ones that disable product keys are automatic. Other then the well know Windows 7 update which bans a bunch of keys, KB971033 being one of them but there are others to. 

(\__/)

(='.'=)

G2A as itself is legitimate. Not all sellers in marketplace are though. Don't mix these things.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

G2A as itself is legitimate. Not all sellers in marketplace are though. Don't mix these things.

Sorry but that was what I meant. G2A have responsibility though for what products are on their sight, so in a way they are completely at fault for what is being sold on their website and if you get burned they should be there to pick up the pieces. Steam should do the same, regulate their store otherwise you will end up with a bad name.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

Offtopic but here's what I saw for this thread:

4094165e3ab06f826e911f79b425f542.png

i had my hopes up :(

~Just the tips

The only good human being is a dead human being. 

I5 4690K MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G MSI Z97 GAMING 5 G.SKILL RIPJAWS X 2X8GB 1600MHZ CL10 CORSAIR CX750M CRUCIAL MX100 512GB 2X WD BLUE 1TB CORSAIR 300R BENQ RL2455HM ♦ WIN 8.1 PRO ♦ UBUNTU 14.04