define r5 hdd cage (hdd vibrate abnormally)

Kev1

I just got my new fractal define r5 and transfer my system from an antec 900. this case is good to reduce the noise of my system, but my hard drive are making much more noise than when they were on the antec 900, I put the grommet and screw at the standard position not the one who get more place at the mobo tray. the rubber grommet let the drive vibrate itself without transferring the vibration to the case but it does it so much that the drive touch  the side of the cage and then make an incredibly loud noise compare to when the system but without that noise.

I don't know if that is normal for a barakuda 7200 rpm to vibrate so much, my wd green don't touch the side of the cage when it vibrate on normal use I can only reproduce that when I stress test the wd green in 4k random but otherwise i don't have any problem with this hdd but the seagate 7200 rpm vibrate more so anybody have an idea what i did wrong, I screw the hdd tight enough without stripping the screw.

the hdd vibrate and punch the red part

post-112655-0-75921900-1432060153_thumb.

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

put a piece of tape or paper between the two parts that are vibrating

problem solved

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I got my HDD cage in the same spot as you.  Looks like your missing the thumb screw that goes in at the top, like right above where your hard drives are there should be a hole.  Think i can see the whole in the pic actually.  That should help tighten stuff up.

I Already think put a little rubber on the side I just want to know if it's normal or not if it happen to someone...

CPU; i5 3570k | Motherboard; Asus P8z77 V-LK | RAM; 16GB (2x8GB) G. Skill ripjaws 1600 | GPU; AMD Readon 7850 2GB | Case; Fractal Design Define R5 | Storage; 1x OCZ Vertex 3 Series 120GB; 1x  Seagate Barracuda 1TB; 1x WD Green 3TB | PSU; SeaSonic 520W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Fanless | Cooling; Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO with LTT NF-F12 pwm  | Operating System; Windows 7 Ultimate |

I got my HDD cage in the same spot as you.  Looks like your missing the thumb screw that goes in at the top, like right above where your hard drives are there should be a hole.  Think i can see the whole in the pic actually.  That should help tighten stuff up.

this is actually from fractal youtube channel mine all screw are on and it's not the black cage who make noise it's the white part who touch the hdd