Is Creative Suite 2 Legally Free

zBxrbxri

I've seen multiple articles showing off how creative suite 2 is now free. I just wanted to confirm it before I download it.

yes its free

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Yes its free, Adobe took the activation servers offline so it doesnt even check and the CD Key is right there on the Adobe page :P

honestly its pretty rubbish these days, and struggles with many new formats

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Why not get something a little newer CS2 is kinda old and outdated.

THIS IS MY SUPER TEENY TINY SIGNATURE!

Ain't it just the cutest little signature.

Some would argue it is the cutest little signature ever.

Legal?

yes

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Legal?

If it's free, does that not make it legal?

Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 | Intel Core i7 4790k | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Gaming GT                              Notebook: Dell XPS 13

16GB Kingston HyperX Fury | 2x Asus GeForce GTX 680 OC SLI | Corsair H60 2013

Seasonic Platinum 1050W | 2x Samsung 840 EVO 250GB RAID 0 | WD 1TB & 2TB Green                                 dat 1080p-ness

It's free, but there's a very good reason why it's free.

My message to anyone that wants the CC suite but doesn't/can't pay for it:

If you're not willing or not able to pay for the subscription free, then it's not for you. 

Please don't pirate CS6 either. The only reason companies don't crack down on pirating is because it's more expensive to do that than to let the pirating continue. 

My build: tis be ordered

If you're not willing or not able to pay for the subscription free, then it's not for you. 

Is that so? How about students? Their "student subscription" is still expensive AF, and I can imagine there's many students that unfortunately can't afford CC.

Aside from that, why is Adobe so set on making money from students? I get free software from Microsoft (Visual studio), Autodesk(Any software I want, 3 year license), unreal (back when it had a subscription model), because they understand that giving students access to their software may convert them into customers when they finish their studies and actually make the money to be able to pay for the software.

Adobe, unfortunately, doesn't see this, and you know what? I can say with confidence that 90+% of students in the first year (which was ~200 people) had a pirated version of CS/CC.

I don't condone pirating, but I can see why it happens with software that costs students up to $20/mo. That's a shitload of money for someone who, at best, makes only a little money through a student job. The software doesn't pay back itself either, like it does when you use it professionally. There's no reason for them to charge money to students other than the fact they pretty much have a monopoly with Photoshop, whereas the other software I've mentioned has competitors.

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

-

$20/month is a lot? I think you'll get that much in tips if you work as a student in a restaurant, on the street, etc. Furthermore, I think a few bottles of liquor not bought would be more than sufficient to cover the cost. 

I do think that Adobe should increase their trial for much longer for students. 

$20/month is a lot? I think you'll get that much in tips if you work as a student in a restaurant, on the street, etc. Furthermore, I think a few bottles of liquor not bought would be more than sufficient to cover the cost. 

I do think that Adobe should increase their trial for much longer for students.

Not for me, my parents support my studies. I'm lucky though, I can imagine there's people that struggle with it. Don't forget that some students have to cover their own living costs as well, not to mention that in some countries, wages are retarded low. 

For those people 20 a month is a lot. Not to mention the student loan stuff in the U.S. Studying there is expensive enough without having to pay 240/year just to be able to make your projects. Those also aren't the students that can afford said bottles of liquor, saying they should "stop drinking" is rather short-sighted. I don't think they have time to drink between studying and working.

Mind you, CC isn't the only cost these students have - a cc subscription isn't worth much without a laptop - Not to mention all the books and other hardware they need. Costs can ramp up really quick.

It's free, but there's a very good reason why it's free.

My message to anyone that wants the CC suite but doesn't/can't pay for it:

Please don't pirate CS6 either. The only reason companies don't crack down on pirating is because it's more expensive to do that than to let the pirating continue. 

With CS6 I could see pirating it, I did before CC came out because I was younger and couldn't afford it for a hobby. Now with CC I pay since it is reasonable. After pirating I like the software enough to buy it, so in that case it got them a paying customer. But I do get what you're saying most of the time it doesn't.

Not for me, my parents support my studies. I'm lucky though, I can imagine there's people that struggle with it. Don't forget that some students have to cover their own living costs as well, not to mention that in some countries, wages are retarded low. 

For those people 20 a month is a lot. Not to mention the student loan stuff in the U.S. Studying there is expensive enough without having to pay 240/year just to be able to make your projects. Those also aren't the students that can afford said bottles of liquor, saying they should "stop drinking" is rather short-sighted. I don't think they have time to drink between studying and working.

Mind you, CC isn't the only cost these students have - a cc subscription isn't worth much without a laptop - Not to mention all the books and other hardware they need. Costs can ramp up really quick.

Maybe a solution would be adobe makes the whole this $20 a month for confirmed students (must show proof) instead of $50 like it is now. 

-

$20/month really isn't a lot. There are little sacrifices that can be made for the average student to scrape that much money up each month. Besides, if you really want to become a proper designer, I think you can make those sacrifices to get $20. 

Those said students can buy a new set of earbuds, or a phone, or afford a night out with friends. Subtract any one of those? Way more than $20. 

$20/month really isn't a lot. There are little sacrifices that can be made for the average student to scrape that much money up each month. Besides, if you really want to become a proper designer, I think you can make those sacrifices to get $20. 

Those said students can buy a new set of earbuds, or a phone, or afford a night out with friends. Subtract any one of those? Way more than $20. 

You know what? You're right. While we're on the topic, why don't homeless people just get a job? It's so simple to fix poverty!

Maybe a solution would be adobe makes the whole this $20 a month for confirmed students (must show proof) instead of $50 like it is now. 

20/month requires confirmation already, not sure what you meant.

You know what? You're right. While we're on the topic, why don't homeless people just get a job? It's so simple to fix poverty!

20/month requires confirmation already, not sure what you meant.

I thought you were talking about the $20 for a single program. Guess not, don't know what their student deal is.