the best recording software?

Air tree

Well as the title says i want to know what is the best recording software for games, i'm going to have a very powerful machine it's most likely going to have a 9970 so performance with running a program wont drag down my machine as much of others. if you need any more info just let me know.

Most people I see saying Dxtory with the lagarith lossless codec, this doesn't work for me. FRAPS is old and trusted and does what you want but has a major performance hit. Afterburner is also good for some poeple, but doesn't work for me. I use Mirillis Action! for recording. For me it seems to offer the best recording experience, however it has issues with recording Java based things. This means minecraft. I did manage to get it to work but it took ages to figure out. Also, Action! is paid. There is a trial version but I think it watermarks all recorded footage

I am good at computer

Spoiler

Motherboard: Gigabyte G1 sniper 3 | CPU: Intel 3770k @5.1Ghz | RAM: 32Gb G.Skill Ripjaws X @1600Mhz | Graphics card: EVGA 980 Ti SC | HDD: Seagate barracuda 3298534883327.74B + Samsung OEM 5400rpm drive + Seatgate barracude 2TB | PSU: Cougar CMX 1200w | CPU cooler: Custom loop

I personally use Dxtory with the lagarith lossless codec or i use some other codec that compresses down into a smaller file if i am uploading to youtube.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Dxtory is THE best option for screen capture software when it comes to gaming

Feel free to message me if you want to chat!

You could use a capture card?

Core i7 2600  Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3  EVGA GTX 970 FTW  16Gb 1600Mhz G.SKILL

Samsung 500Gb 840EVO RAID0 Random 80GB HDD Corsair GS700 Corsair ArticWhite C70

Dxtory is THE best option for screen capture software when it comes to gaming

Slightly less intuitive than Afterburner, but a way more powerful tool to use.

Dxtory or Afterburner would be my picks, and it comes down to "how much you wanna get your hands dirty"

Or buy the Avermedia HD, saving your pc the stress,...

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

I prefer Afterburner with x264 codec since i have a slow HDD.

| Intel i7-3770@4.2Ghz | Asus Z77-V | Zotac 980 Ti Amp! Omega | DDR3 1800mhz 4GB x4 | 300GB Intel DC S3500 SSD | 512GB Plextor M5 Pro | 2x 1TB WD Blue HDD |
 | Enermax NAXN82+ 650W 80Plus Bronze | Fiio E07K | Grado SR80i | Cooler Master XB HAF EVO | Logitech G27 | Logitech G600 | CM Storm Quickfire TK | DualShock 4 |

I've had the least trouble with PlayClaw... It's flexible without being too complicated and I don't notice much of a performance hit. DxTory is is a good choice if you want more fine grained control over the process, but it might also be a bit overkill depending on what you intend to do. I've had some dodgy experiences with Afterburner, mostly having to do with audio capture on the second audio source (USB microphone).

I just don't use FRAPS because of the enormous video files it creates (uncompressed?).