Respectable gtx 970 overclocks?

xToFxREAPER

I couldnt really find much on this topic to be honest, if theres a thread im totally missing please direct me to it! I saw the 970 owners club which is great but im not ready to get into modded bios and whatnot just yet so,

Does anyone have a 970 that would like to share their oc results? Im wondering if im around par for the course or if i can push it harder. I havent hit a stability wall yet but i also dont want to cook anything out of a limited edition card so i was hoping to share some results with other users :)

Currently running +200 core and +500 memory offset with 110% power limit. i leave the fans at auto all the time. Fully boosted it hits around 1529mhz or so and caps at about 65 degrees in gaming. I ran unigen valley overnight knowing i would wake up a lot to check on it (i dont sleep like normal people O.o), no artifacts no over heats it peaked at about 71 over night which i consider pretty amazing since the fan only went up to about 30% speed

What do you guys think? can i go harder at it?

Anything from 1550-1600 is very good, anything under is pretty average from what I've seen.

Didn't you have a watercooled 780 Lightning at like 1350 or something? The lightning "should" be faster, provided it didn't have bad memory OC's as well.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

10GHZ

I have a 970 strix and have gotten a max 1537 stable core clock that I am currently running. I have not changed voltage but it boosts up to 1.2 during load. I also have power at 120% and max tems at 91C.

Can you not make useless spam replies like this please?

ok :( 

I can get 1540 on max voltage and power limit.

I've never tried going further though. Maybe I could get 1600 but my temps are already mid-high 70s

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

I run 1570/2030 24/7 on stock voltage. 

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

1450MHz+ is typical, anything over 1500MHz I would be happy with, 1550-1600MHz is at the upper end without exotic cooling.

Also while Valley is a good benchmark to have in the list I wouldn't call it the most stressful of benchmarks, you would definitely want to use something else (preferably a lot of other things) before calling something stable.

stock voltage limit*

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

Anything from 1550-1600 is very good, anything under is pretty average from what I've seen.

Didn't you have a watercooled 780 Lightning at like 1350 or something? The lightning "should" be faster, provided it didn't have bad memory OC's as well.

the lightnings couldnt oc the memory much past 100, it was pretty bad :/ i needed to get my power consumption down though, between me and my dads systems the power bill was getting to be murder. i feel like there is still a good bit of headroom in this 970 to go, ill have a second gpu and an rog swift 1440p come next week

My OC seems to be pretty stable at 1545MHz but some games disagree after a few hours..

Also +275 on Memory :/

I hatet this MSI card :(

My card is an msi, its a fantastic card!

1450MHz+ is typical, anything over 1500MHz I would be happy with, 1550-1600MHz is at the upper end without exotic cooling.

Also while Valley is a good benchmark to have in the list I wouldn't call it the most stressful of benchmarks, you would definitely want to use something else (preferably a lot of other things) before calling something stable.

ill be doing water down the road, i have yet to hit a stability wall so ill probably keep pushing it. Ive been playing gta v for a few hours without issues

So its sounding like i have a lot of headroom left here. I think ill slowly bump it up every few hours while i enjoy gta v. I waited this long to play the story avoiding everything i could about the console versions.

Edit: also, holy damn, i didnt expect so many replies that fast!

Mine is at 1440/1930MHZ, on stock voltage and power limit set to 110%. That was the max I was able to get with my Gigabyte Windforce 3x GTX 970 without adding extra voltage to it wich would make my GPU much louder.  <_<

CPU i7 4790 - GPU Gigabyte GTX 970 Windforce 3x OC - RAM 2x 8GB Kingston HyperX Fury - MOBO Asus B85M-E - Case CM Silencio 550 Storage 2x 1TB WD Red - OS Windows 8.1 OEM - Phone OnePlus One 64GB Sandstone Black

the lightnings couldnt oc the memory much past 100, it was pretty bad :/ i needed to get my power consumption down though, between me and my dads systems the power bill was getting to be murder. i feel like there is still a good bit of headroom in this 970 to go, ill have a second gpu and an rog swift 1440p come next week

My card is an msi, its a fantastic card!

ill be doing water down the road, i have yet to hit a stability wall so ill probably keep pushing it. Ive been playing gta v for a few hours without issues

So its sounding like i have a lot of headroom left here. I think ill slowly bump it up every few hours while i enjoy gta v. I waited this long to play the story avoiding everything i could about the console versions.

Edit: also, holy damn, i didnt expect so many replies that fast!

Mine OCs like shit and hits power limit walls too much but I seem to of finally got past it.

If you need help hitting higher clocks, idk if you BIOS mod but I can give you the power table to get past 110% TDP.. I think it works anyway as I haven't gone near 100% TDP on games that usually maxed out on TDP..

P.S @Gofspar has a G1 Gaming that is miles superior to any 970 msi has to offer..

Mine OCs like shit and hits power limit walls too much but I seem to of finally got past it.

If you need help hitting higher clocks, idk if you BIOS mod but I can give you the power table to get past 110% TDP.. I think it works anyway as I haven't gone near 100% TDP on games that usually maxed out on TDP..

My tdp hasnt come close to capping yet, Which card do you have? i got the 970 100 million edition (pretty much the same as the gaming edition) im thinking about a higher power limit but i want to leave voltages alone for the time being.

I can get 1540 on max voltage and power limit.

I've never tried going further though. Maybe I could get 1600 but my temps are already mid-high 70s

Max stock BIOS voltage*

Wish my card didn't OC like shit, what games did you confirm stability?

Max stock BIOS voltage*

Wish my card didn't OC like shit, what games did you confirm stability?

Bf4, CS:GO, and valley

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

My tdp hasnt come close to capping yet, Which card do you have? i got the 970 100 million edition (pretty much the same as the gaming edition) im thinking about a higher power limit but i want to leave voltages alone for the time being.

Even at 1.3v I can't go above 1560MHz without artifacting or instability :/

stock voltage limit*

nope 1.212v

stock voltage limit is 1.262v

PEWDIEPIE DONT CROSS THAT BRIDGE

nope 1.212v

currently going hard with a core clock of 1574, no artifacts just barely touching 70 degrees in game

Edit: I stand corrected. There was no artifacting but the display driver did crash.

nope 1.212v

Except I've seen screenshots and you telling me you don't think your 24/7 overclock of 1.262 will cause degradation when your OC kept crashing.

ive got 1550mhz core and +400Mhz memory but there is the occasional artifact so i run it at 1525 mhz 24/7 no voltage touched 

l Intel Core i7 4790K @ 4.5Ghz l Asus VII Ranger ROG l MSI GTX 970 @ 1555MHz l 

PC PART PICKER