Folding at home questions and concerns

Go to solution Solved by turtlesocks,

1. It'll be absolutely fine. Haswell-E can generally run around 1.35v 24/7 with no problems.

2. Yep

3. I just run "full" and still use my computer with no problems

4. Not really. I use TeamViewer all the time and dont' really see any noticeable losses.

So I've been working on a system for a while, and I decided to install folding at home to see how much PPD I could get

304812 average! Yay!

Thats great and stuff. But here are my questions:

1. I have a 5820K running on 4.0Ghz and 1.1 Volts. If thats running 24/7 it should be fine right? Temps are at 50 C

2. The GPU gets WAY more PPD than my CPU, but the GPU takes longer to fold?Is that normal? (GTX 980)

3. You can run this while you aren't in IDLE Right? The "While I'm working" Button should do that?

4. If I were to remote desktop From my Mac, Would that hurt folding performance?

Thank you for the answers! I am currently folding at 307K now! (It keeps going up)

1. It'll be absolutely fine. Haswell-E can generally run around 1.35v 24/7 with no problems.

2. Yep

3. I just run "full" and still use my computer with no problems

4. Not really. I use TeamViewer all the time and dont' really see any noticeable losses.

Just a quick note - DO NOT user remote desktop to access a Windows computer that is running GPU Folding. This can corrupt the WU's and/or cause it to crash. Been a known bug for years. If you want remote control / access, use something like teamviewer, VNC, etc., which are all fine.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99