Windows 10 Runs Faster than OS X on New MacBook ?!

Oh yeah, I forgot cognitive dissonance can cause blind spots.

guess thsi is my check-up then, seems im fine, no blind spots here found so far.

and for all the people here saying OSX is unoptimized, i got my macbook with 10.9 point something and i didnt have any problems, might be apple screwein gover older systems mostly or im just a lucky test subject.

May the light have your back and your ISO low.

10.10 is kinda shitty for this, 10.9 genuinely was better. 

People circle jerk about how every other Windows release is bad but the reality is Apple is actually following that release model for whatever reason. 

I've never actually praised the windows OS. I just use it for games and school, would happily switch to Linux if my entire Steam, Uplay (ugghhh) and Origin libraries could play on Linux.

I do have one big complaint. I can't have a moving .gif image as a background on Windows 7. I'm aware of several things that attempt to fix this, but every single one of them sends up a red flag with my anti-virus so I'm not even gonna bother trying them.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

This is no surprise. It was evident on the retina iMac. Animations on OS X and iOS are much more demanding to run than on android and windows. Most of the time this isn't noticed is because apple tries to use the more powerful iris and iris pro graphics and they're also known to focus heavily on gpu on their soc. If it's true that iOS 9 will improve performance, I wouldn't be surprised if the next OS X version does the same.

Although I am not an Apple fan, I'm still sorry for them. I will not pretend that I know why they're doing this, but could it be a strategy to enhance the perceiveing of a future OS X 11.0 that is significantly faster than previous versions? I mean, it would be a good strategy to please people...

I'm not that surprised, it feels like Apple is prioritizing release deadlines over polish and performance. iOS used to be stable as well, look at it now. They keep insisting on bringing a lot of new features every year and that's really costing them when it comes to performance.

I still prefer OSX but oh well

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

@LinusTech trying this as part of your review?

RIG:FX-6300@4.5GHz 1.4V with Hyper 212 evo with LTT NF-F12:MSI Overclockers R7 260X:4x4B Crucial Ballistix Sport:GA-970A-UD3P:1TB Seagate Brracuda & 120GB Crucial M500(OS and Programs)&Sandisk SSD PLUS(Games) In a Bitfenix Comrade with an NF-F12 as exhaust and OEM case fan as front intake

''time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time''

Although I prefer OSX, I am excited for what Windows 10 has to offer. Windows 7 is getting quite dreary on my desktop but I quite dislike Windows 8. Looking for a positive upgrade.

After they released Yosemite, OS X has been terrible in terms of performance/optimization. I am currently running 10.9 on my MacBook Air and it is butter smooth.

Isn't this common for Mac? First there was the classical Mac system. System 6 and 7 were excellent, 8 was getting bloaty and 9 was so quacked up that it barely ran.

Then they started from scratch with OSX and it is starting to look like they're going to mess it up completely again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they start using a Linux-based OS soon and completely mess that up by 2025.

Anyway, as for Windows 10, I'm still not a fan of using a Microsoft account to log in to my (or any) computer as it smells like one giant datamining tool.

I also still stand by my earlier statements that whoever came up with this tiles nonsense should be castrated without anesthesia and have his hands chopped off to prevent him from reproducing or working with a PC ever again. I was going to suggest removing his eyes too, but judging by the looks of the interface he isn't blessed with the gift of sight to begin with.

So no, I will not upgrade. If Microsoft haven't come to their senses by the time Win7's extended support ends, I'm moving to Linux full time (assuming I don't do that sooner anyway)