PCIE Gen 2 versus PCIE Gen 3 in the context of Mid-budget builds

They used to exist, mang!

Corsair A50 and A70.

Maybe I'm already too old-school.

The A50 supposively performs better than the Hyper 212 Plus...but I don't know how it stacks up against the Hyper 212 Evo, though.

The A50 was cheaper, too, so...why not.

total bump but I have a Hyper 212 and convinced CM to send me the brackets for the CM 212 EVO and attached a second fan to mine. ;)

You can find WAY cheaper boards than that. You're looking at an actual total of about 350$ with a 220$ 4690k, and a 130$ motherboard and free shipping. It seems pretty reasonable to me. I don't know how you spent 550$ on that, should be about 420$ for those two.

Where I live we have a microcenter which is a godsend. Newegg has thier processors priced about 10 dollars higher than microcenter and microcenter even throws in an additional 40 bucks off when paired with a giant list of mother boards. Essentially i can get a decent 100 dollar mobo and a 4690k for 160 coming to about 280 after taxes :)

http://www.microcenter.com/product/434177/Core_i5-4690K_35GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

Incase anyone was interested. Also go to the online adds to see what mobo's would qualify for the 40 bucks off bundle.

Where I live we have a microcenter which is a godsend. Newegg has thier processors priced about 10 dollars higher than microcenter and microcenter even throws in an additional 40 bucks off when paired with a giant list of mother boards. Essentially i can get a decent 100 dollar mobo and a 4960k for 160 coming to about 280 after taxes :)

http://www.microcenter.com/product/434177/Core_i5-4690K_35GHz_LGA_1150_Boxed_Processor

Incase anyone was interested. Also go to the online adds to see what mobo's would qualify for the 40 bucks off bundle.

Microcenter offers that deal in many places and it's a GREAT deal.