[MS Store US] Asus ZenBook UX305 - $599 shipped

EcoBoost

http://www.cnet.com/news/get-an-asus-zenbook-ux305-for-599-shipped/

http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/ASUS-Zenbook-UX305FA-USM1-Signature-Edition-Laptop/productID.313303100

The Ultrabook we all love is on sale! :D Use promo code mentioned below to bring it down to $599 shipped!

For a limited time, and while supplies last, the Microsoft Store has the Asus ZenBook UX305FA 13.3-inch Ultrabook for $599 shipped. That's after applying coupon code PCGRAD15 at checkout. (Depending on where you live, you may be on the hook for sales tax as well.)

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

I like how I just recommended this laptop in another thread lol

"Rawr XD"

I like how I just recommended this laptop in another thread lol

ayyy where's my s/o

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

ayyy where's my s/o

I would assume they'd see you as the hot deal thread OP when they click on the link haha

"Rawr XD"

wow that is a good deal

My Rig  

PCPartPicker part list: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/kGNksY

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($379.00 @ shopRBC) 

CPU Cooler: RAIJINTEK THEMIS 65.7 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($34.99 @ NCIX) 

Motherboard: MSI CSM-H87M-G43 Micro ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($78.83 @ DirectCanada) 

Memory: Kingston HyperX 16GB (4 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($139.99 @ Memory Express) 

Storage: Kingston Fury 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($71.34 @ DirectCanada) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($92.95 @ Vuugo) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X 3GB Video Card  ($298.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Case: Fractal Design Define R4 w/Window (Black Pearl) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($125.98 @ Newegg Canada) 

Power Supply: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($66.99 @ NCIX) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 - 64-bit (OEM) (64-bit)  ($116.00 @ shopRBC) 

Case Fan: Cougar Turbine 120 (4-Pack) 60.4 CFM 120mm  Fans  ($23.99 @ NCIX) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Monitor: HP 22xi 60Hz 21.5" Monitor  ($187.11 @ Amazon Canada) 

Keyboard: Logitech G710 Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($114.99 @ NCIX) 

Mouse: Razer DeathAdder 2013 Wired Optical Mouse  ($76.99 @ Amazon Canada) 

Headphones: Kingston HyperX Cloud Pro Headset  ($78.98 @ DirectCanada) 

Total: $2074.22

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when availableGenerated by PCPartPicker 2015-04-10 15:33 EDT-0400Build log http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/303263-the-dell-from-hell/#entry4121100 

Phone Compassion Spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1EN6s426gyxqPloIqT4wQ7Y7yovkkQy_5B3djVN-N-R8/edit#gid=0

Gta V Pc Online Crew http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/344773-unofficial-linus-tech-tips-gta-v-crew-pc/

Why must I not have enough money right now?

Great ultrabook for general use. Basically like the Macbook but with ports and a third of the price.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

I really wish I waited to buy my laptop.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Any idea how long the deal is going on for?

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

O.o that looks pretty nice, wonder how well it would run minecraft... and I wonder if it could maybe handle world of tanks on minimum settings too :P (I doubt it could, though my dell venue 8 pro can run skyrim on minimum settings with 15+ fps most of the time)

As with most other hot deals, they just had to come when I has no moneys...

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

O.o that looks pretty nice, wonder how well it would run minecraft... and I wonder if it could maybe handle world of tanks on minimum settings too :P (I doubt it could, though my dell venue 8 pro can run skyrim on minimum settings with 15+ fps most of the time)

As with most other hot deals, they just had to come when I has no moneys...

Performance sits between the i3-4005U and i5-4200U last I heard, with GPU performance between the HD 4400 and HD 4000. It could probably run Mincecraft well enough.

Very tempted to pick this up, depends on if I can sell my other Notebook soon enough.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

Any idea how long the deal is going on for?

According to the article it seems that inventory is more of a concerning factor as these sell like hotcakes

According to the article it seems that inventory is more of a concerning factor as these sell like hotcakes

I went ahead and bought one. After reading reviews and doing research, looked like too good of a general use ultra book to pass up.

Thank you for the post! 3-7 business days and it will be here.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I went ahead and bought one. After reading reviews and doing research, looked like too good of a general use ultra book to pass up.

Thank you for the post! 3-7 business days and it will be here.

Think you can make a review of it?

Think you can make a review of it?

Sure,I've never done a laptop review before, but I can give it a go. Anything in particular you would like for me to cover?

Sure,I've never done a laptop review before, but I can give it a go. Anything in particular you would like for me to cover?

Just general stuff. Im going to college next year and this is one of the laptops im thinking about getting. Im still hoping that Linus does a review, maybe a versus with the Macbook. He seemed pretty excited about it at CES.

Just general stuff. Im going to college next year and this is one of the laptops im thinking about getting. Im still hoping that Linus does a review, maybe a versus with the Macbook. He seemed pretty excited about it at CES.

We can pretty safely assume that it will be able to do general tasks very well, even better when plugged in. I think it's going to be an extremely capable machine when it comes to college stuff, writing a paper/powerpoint, 10 tabs open, streaming music, Netflix, what have you.

The real value proposition of this laptop that I see is its build quality. It's so thin, so light and so portable. Extra long battery life, beautiful aesthetic, fanless design, and minimal bloatware are all appealing as well.

I am interested in how it will perform with light gaming. Hearthstone, Don't Starve, League of Legends, Civilization V, Browser based flash games like Heros of Might and Magic Online. Things like that are what I would consider real bonuses because this is not a gaming laptop, so if I can comfortably play those type of light games, it will be a real winner, but I will be happy without gaming because I mainly need a new travel/work/general use laptop and that is where I see the core strengths of this Ultrabook.

Hey, do you know if i can get it shipped to Austria? Would it be expensive?

Sold my build..

Would definitely be cool if you did :)

I think the number one thing would be build quality, seeing as this is pretty much a direct competitor to the new MacBook, and most people would like to see the difference that the MacBook brings externally for costing over twice as much. That followed by general usability in regular productivity use (web browsing, office, etc), just everyday things like how the keyboard is, trackpad feel, battery life, stuff like that :P